Motivation tips?

I'm pretty new to MFP, but I really like the support here. I was wondering what are some things you do to keep yourself motivated?

I have a couple that are kind of silly, but they work for me! One thing is that I did my measurements the first day (ouch). But now, I love holding the measuring tape around me where it used to be and seeing the difference that way.

Another thing I do is to make my goals non-food related. I can do everything exactly right, and the scale might not show it, because of hormones or a plateau or something like that. So, I make them about things I can control: like, I will drink xxx amount of water today. I will work out xxx times this week for xxx minutes.

Replies

• Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    For me music is the ultimate motivation tool
  • tubbytuker
    tubbytuker Posts: 15 Member
    I'm pretty new to MFP, but I really like the support here. I was wondering what are some things you do to keep yourself motivated?

I have a couple that are kind of silly, but they work for me! One thing is that I did my measurements the first day (ouch). But now, I love holding the measuring tape around me where it used to be and seeing the difference that way.

Another thing I do is to make my goals non-food related. I can do everything exactly right, and the scale might not show it, because of hormones or a plateau or something like that. So, I make them about things I can control: like, I will drink xxx amount of water today. I will work out xxx times this week for xxx minutes.
    Clothes keep me motivated - getting back into favourites ... still don't want to track measurements - good for you for being able to do this .. for me it is all about what fits ... and what doesn't!
  • tubbytuker
    tubbytuker Posts: 15 Member
    Hi everyone - all we can do is keep trying - try to balance our proteins and our carbs ... and try not to eat too many treats along with getting some exercise .. let's all keep plugging and we WILL reach our goals