Weather makes me tired...HELP!!

Options
This up and down weather is making me want to just sleep and skip my workout. How do you suggest that I break through this?

Replies

• MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I feel ya... maybe bargain with yourself? you can get a nap after you workout?
  • whitesocks1
    Options
    you have lost 41 pounds ???? OMG!!! That is incredible. Keep up the outstanding work. What motivated you to get you this far?

I also understand. in the fall/winter the mornings are really bad for me, my body wants to sleep in really really bad. on days when i'm dead beat i just workout at night. other wise i have no advice, as i struggle with this as well. when i do get out of bed it takes an insane amount of will power. i tell myself, "Self, today will be an easy walk", but when i get to the tread mill i workout like an animal. i basically lie to myself sometimes just to get out of bed. its very hard. good luck, friend.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    Are you down under? I'm guessing because of the Koala bear. If so, at least it's Spring.

I'm in the NW U.S. and when Spring is trying to break my sleep cycle gets all messed up, too. One day it's pouring down rain, one day it's cold, next day it's almost warm.

Sadly, Fall is upon us here. Even though I love Fall. . .it means Winter is right around the bend.
  • runnerblues86
    Options
    cmriverside - not from down under. I just would like to sleep most of the day like a koala right now...:yawn:

whitesocks1 - I will work on lying to myself and see if that works for me.

mamawannarun - good idea. I will try that out!
  • ullgetthere
    Options
    I live in Quebec, Canada and we're heading towards winter which is rough. You get more tired and just feel like staying home. But I have these small things to keep me motivated:

I try to have something new for the gym, a new song on my MP3 player, new water bottle, even a new hair elastic !

I tell myself I will nap when I come back or watch my shows that I recorded!

I think of logging in my calories burned when I come back
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Ugh the weather does the same to me, I AM from down under and recently moved from the snow to the tropics and the heat is UNBEARABLE! I don't want to do anything, but I force myself too as I'm goign to be here a while
  • Jakki247
    Options
    Move here to AZ, we're still sitting at 100+ temps with no hope of cooling off anytime soon!
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Have you considered a sun lamp?

They are supposed to help alleviate Seasonal Affective Disorder, which is what I hear you saying.
  • cma17
    cma17 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Can I be cruel for a minute and say- Yay it is SPRING!!!! and what a beautiful day it is today =)
    Good luck to you hopefully you will be able to find away to manage through the bad weather if nothing else at least it wont be too hot during your work out =)