My first NSV!

Options
So excited ... I bought a coat today! Doesn't sound like much, I know, but I needed a coat because all mine were too big, and (drum roll) ... I BOUGHT IT AT A "REGULAR" STORE! Whoohoo! Went shopping with my hubby because he wanted to look for a new jacket and he said "why don't we look for you while we're here?" I figured "yeah, right" but we looked and I actually found something! Yes, it was in the plus section (Burlington Coat Factory) but I've looked there before and I was too "plus" for their plus section, so I was really excited. I bought two hats and some gloves, too ... because buying my coat was so much cheaper than the boutique-type plus-only stores that carry the really-plus sizes I've bought for so many years. And it wasn't even the biggest of their plus sizes! I'm on cloud 9 right now! I have a long way yet to go but this NSV really made me happy and I had to share! :)

Replies

• DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome congrats!! =)
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Great job! I understand how you feel. It makes me feel great to finally be able buy clothes at "regular stores" instead of specialty shops.
  • lmunro5394
    lmunro5394 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! It's those types of victories that keep us all plugging along!
  • m23gm25
    m23gm25 Posts: 157
    Options
    Good for you!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    That is a great success! Your hard work and dedication are paying off - I hope you got a beautiful coat!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Great job! Proud of you!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    How exciting for you!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You must feel great.All your hard work is paying off!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel...that is so COOL....keep at it and wait till you're in the small size side.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Good to know because I'm gonna have to have a new coat also. Never even though of that till you said something, so thanks.
    And it's an awesome NSV, congrats
  • Sahara0815
    Options
    Good to know because I'm gonna have to have a new coat also. Never even though of that till you said something, so thanks.
    And it's an awesome NSV, congrats

129 pounds .... WOW!! Awesome! How inspiring. Everyone here, whether they need to lose 10 pounds or 100 (or 120, like I'm going for) is truly a winner, but seeing the big numbers come up always gives me hope. :smile: WTG! Now, get out there and buy a really great coat to reward yourself for a job well done! :smile:
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yay! That's awesome.
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Way to go!!
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Good Job
  • allthismusic
    Options
    yay!
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! :)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That is great! I know exactly how you feel!
    I will need a new coat too. First frost of the season was this morning.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    So excited for you! Congrats on your success! (don't) Wait till your baggy undies fall down, that's an eye opener! :blushing:
  • Nhizarms
    Nhizarms Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    :smile: Yea ! congrats.... it is a huge accomplishment for you ! keep on going. ive been buying a few new things here and there and it feels so good to buy smaller sizes. i usually but from the plus sizes and now im NOT ! i just realized that the store i shop at has the same clothes in smaller sizes and AT A SMALLER PRICE ! saved 2 bucks a shirt for the smaller size LOL losing weight and saving money !:wink: btw what does NSV mean ??
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This is so exciting! I recently bought my first few items from the "Ladies" section at T.J. Maxx instead of the "Womans" section. So exhilarating! Can't wait to see your continued sucess! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!