Hello

lbm4fitness
lbm4fitness Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself. I am a 48 year old male who is married with four children and am looking forward to making some great strides throught the use of this tool called myfitnesspal. I am really interested in conversing with anyone and everyone who has experianced success while using this website. I have struggled for far too long thinking I can do it on my own. I can't! Now that I have gotten that out of the way, I can now make room for healthy change. Feel free to contact me with what has worked best for you or just stop by and say hello. I will be starting a blog soon but until then. Here's to good health and fitness!

Replies

• Claudina
    Claudina Posts: 26 Member
    Welcome to myfitnesspal! I don't have suggestions to offer you as of yet as I'm just revving up, but just wanted to take an opportunity to thank you and let you know you're in good company. The site WILL help, if you use it. I originally signed up in March of '09 but never could track (partially due to no ISP at home). I have a computer now at home and the desire to really make a change (and continue weight lost during the year on my own) and find this site really helps. I got back onto it just last month though, but simply frequently weighing myself and tracking the weight online (vs. tracking in my head) has helped. When I do get to entering my foods eaten - that really helps! I'd been able to lose by watching what I eat, if I cheated I'd see the weight go up and curb what I was eating. But using the calorie calculator is better, because I saw calories add up SOO fast on little items I used to think were okay to snack on. E.g., one sugar cookie during the holidays cost me sooo many calories that I could have used on better meals. When I wasn't tracking, I'd have taken a few days to see the weight increase to know I should stop. Using myfitnesspal I entered the cookie and on the same day knew I should eat no more (especially since I haven't started exercising yet so eating right is critical). I am blabbing and maybe this doesn't help, but anyway, WELCOME, and GOOD LUCK! :)
This discussion has been closed.