im really sick

Options
Okay so iv been sick most of winter (easly over 10 times)

At the moment I have a chest infection and a sinus infection.

Im finding that iv been really crazy hungry lately. Iv been trying to eat my normal food but within a hour or so im staving hungry again.

is this my body crying out for more food because im sick? should I maybe go to maintenance till im 100%?

Replies

• MeganG12345
    MeganG12345 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My thinking is that if your body is sick and telling you it needs something (be it food or rest) you should have it. Just make sure the food you're eating is healthy.

As an aside, fish oil can be very helpful in fighting chest infections. If you're not currently taking a supplement you might want to think about adding one.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm sick too, same kind of thing, I tried to run but I just couldnt stop coughing, I just walk now till I get better
  • Katydone
    Options
    If you are consistently sick have you seen a doctor...don't wait as long as I did...had shingles, abscessed tooth and flu all within a 3 week period. I found out I was diabetic.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    If you are consistently sick have you seen a doctor...don't wait as long as I did...had shingles, abscessed tooth and flu all within a 3 week period. I found out I was diabetic.

D*MN!!! I know you felt like *kitten*!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • saram589
    saram589 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have seen my dr and he just says its a bad run for me this year.

Iv had

5-6 flus (not colds)
    2-3 colds
    brochittes
    Abcessed (and then removed) tooth
    been really tired and lacking energy
    chest infection
    2 sinus infections
    but all my tests come back fine.
    Iv seen a dietician to make sure im eatting right and that was fine.

Either there is something wrong or im just having a awful run
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    do you still have your tonils?

I'm on round 2 of anti-biotics. I get ab upper respiratory at least 2x a year and have started getting strep in the summer. typically a week or 2 before vacation. yay?

I'm seeing an ear/nose/throat doc on friday and ask about getting them out. Most of the winter I have bad sore throats
    :(
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    do you still have your tonils?

I'm on round 2 of anti-biotics. I get ab upper respiratory at least 2x a year and have started getting strep in the summer. typically a week or 2 before vacation. yay?

I'm seeing an ear/nose/throat doc on friday and ask about getting them out. Most of the winter I have bad sore throats
    :(

Do you have a humidifier at home? My son has terrible sinusitis issues every spring and fall (allergies and low humidity) and his allergist told us to get a humidifier and put it in his room every night from fall til late spring. It helps a lot. Also taking a daily allergy pill like Zyrtec helps to alleviate a lot of sinus troubles. My son and husband get them both during the cooler seasons and when they take the Zyrtec and use the humidifier, they don't have as many infections or dry/sore throats.
  • weepingwillowtrees
    Options
    It is your tonsils! I had the same problem a few years ago. Finally had them out and never felt better!