Getting fit for Roller Derby

Options
Hello there! My name is Jo and I am a skater/blocker with the Lansing Mitten Mavens Roller Derby Team. My skater name is Ms. Erie Machine.
Roller Derby is an empowering sport full of skill, strategy, endurance, and strength. If you've never been to a bout, youtube Roller Derby. For more info on my team, go to www.mittenmaves.net.
I consider myself a larger girl weighing about 190 pounds and I feel I lack the energy and motivation to make myself work out everyday. I work full time as a nurse aide in a health care and rehab center where I am constantly moving and on my feet all day long and when I get home, I crash.
I'm here to better my nutrition and become fit in hopes to increase my energy. With more energy I can improve my endurance and work out to improve my strength. Another plus to all this is improving my figure. ;) All these things are things I've always wanted to work on for a long long time and roller derby has given me a new incentive to better myself.
I am here to track my nutrition and gain support on my endeavours as well as help support others in their journey.
Please add me, please push me, please encourage me! Thank you!
Peace. Love. Derby.
-Jo
- a.k.a. Ms. Erie Machine

Replies

• mlynwyn
    mlynwyn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello there! My name is Jo and I am a skater/blocker with the Lansing Mitten Mavens Roller Derby Team. My skater name is Ms. Erie Machine.
    Roller Derby is an empowering sport full of skill, strategy, endurance, and strength. If you've never been to a bout, youtube Roller Derby. For more info on my team, go to www.mittenmaves.net.
    I consider myself a larger girl weighing about 190 pounds and I feel I lack the energy and motivation to make myself work out everyday. I work full time as a nurse aide in a health care and rehab center where I am constantly moving and on my feet all day long and when I get home, I crash.
    I'm here to better my nutrition and become fit in hopes to increase my energy. With more energy I can improve my endurance and work out to improve my strength. Another plus to all this is improving my figure. ;) All these things are things I've always wanted to work on for a long long time and roller derby has given me a new incentive to better myself.
    I am here to track my nutrition and gain support on my endeavours as well as help support others in their journey.
    Please add me, please push me, please encourage me! Thank you!
    Peace. Love. Derby.
    -Jo
    - a.k.a. Ms. Erie Machine

OMG I LOVE roller derby its such an AWESOME sport i swear!! I never got into it professionally but ive definitely gone to bouts and have been a huuuge fan! lol i jus dont have the time to really do it because i work in the medical field as an administrator and MA running a medical clinic 6days a week 12-15hrs shifts..i think you can totally relate though.lol. Right now i want to start training and the area i currently live in has an all female football team which almost reminded me of roller derby minus the skates:P If you ever need support hun im all here!!!!!
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Badass. Seriously, that is so cool. Good for you!
  • MsErieMachine
    MsErieMachine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Its definitely a good stress relief. ;)
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My husband's always tryin' to talk me into that... awesome.
  • MsErieMachine
    MsErieMachine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You totally should do it! Its so rewarding and your team becomes part of your support group. It's a good way to push me to be active. If it wasn't for going to roller derby 3x's plus a week ...I do t think I'd be motivated enough to work out on my own ever.
  • grendella
    grendella Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    i also play derby! adding you now.
  • coffeemugger
    Options
    I'm in derby too. I'm just back from an injury and need a little push to get my muscles back. Adding both of you now.