What do you NET a day!?

Options
2»

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to net 1310. I always eat that and try to net that, although my weekly totals are always around 1000-2000 calories under my net goals. When it was hot I wasn't hungry enough to eat all my exercise calories back, but now that it's cool I am always pretty close.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I was just looking into this subject. I wasn't logging my exercise calories because I didn't want to eat them, but I want to keep track of my exercise. So looking back at my food diary I see that if I was tracking exercise I am only netting 850-1000 calories a day, but...I lose 2-3 pounds each week. I'm not hungry, I feel great, but that's not a lot to eat.

Now I also have to realize that I'm not 110 lbs. I started at 284 and I'm down 20 since Aug 7, about 6 weeks. Is this too fast? Like I said, I'm not hungry, I feel better then I have in years, I'm eating a balanced, healthy diet, sleeping like a baby and exercise about an hour 5-6 days a week. I don't want to change anything if what I'm doing is working.

Might also add that I have hypothyroidism so my metabolism is mega-slow.

What do you think?

If you are at 284 you are have a lot of weight to lose long term. It is much easier (and just fine) to lose quickly at that point. Your body is happy with you now that you're taking care of it!

It will eventually slow down.
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I NET around 1500. On workout days, I eat around 1900. I'm actually late to the NET game, but I have much more energy now than before when I was netting under 1200.
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    1400-1700.

Going really slow, but, it's going :)

Slow is much better than plateauing for 6 months (not fun)!! You have the right idea.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I am suppose to eat 1200 calories a day. I burn between 600 and 1000 calories a day from exercising. I have been trying really hard to eat the required 1200 but it has been a struggle. the only way I can get higher is to eat crap. I don't like the idea of eatting garbage just to up my calories. Any thoughts?
  • SarahSmiles2004
    SarahSmiles2004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I actually posted a topic on this type of thing too. It really does make sense to eat at least your BMR in your NET calories. My bf has been trying to explain this to me for months now. I am supposed to eat 1400 if I don't exercise at all. But then I'm exercising and burning between 600 and 1000 calories. Last night I burned 1256 and had a net of about 250. It was a bit ridiculous and I figured with a burn like that I really shouldn't burn ALL of what I ate. I am hoping this shows me results. I'm intimidated by it because I'm terrified to gain weight back. I've been taught super old school when it comes to losing weight. So here it goes, let's hope for the best and maybe I'll start shedding those last 5lbs faster than I was, I had plateaued and not really gotten anywhere. This seems perfectly logical if 1400 is my resting energy and that's just to maintain body functions. Makes perfect sense. So hopefully I'll go from netting 300 - 500 calories to actually netting at LEAST 1200. Last night I ate 2100 and still was under by 300.