New Here, Ready to Rawk

Options
Hey all-

Just joined, and I have to admit that I'm nervous! New to my weight loss journey but not new to loathing my weight, I've always thought I was a big girl, wearing a size 9 for most of my younger years. I started to suffer from self-starvation due to acute Body Dysmorphic Disorder, never believing for a second that I was slim, although I wore a size 5 at the time and looked like a pole. I got down from my normal weight of 150 (I'm 5'7) to around 130 and was still miserable!

Once I "snapped out of it" around my senior year of high school, I'd gained about 40 lbs and have pretty much gone up from there. Two kids later and I went from a slightly overweight 160 to 235 (gaining 85lbs in my first pregnancy) and I avoid mirrors at all costs. I just don't feel like this person is "me", and I want to get back to myself, physically. I'm even planning to spot sculpt to add a bit more hips and booty, lol!

I could really use some support. I've tried many times between my kids (they're 4 years apart, and I'm currently 6 weeks postpartum) to just get motivated to lose some weight, to no avail. I feel ready to rawk, but I really don't want to regress this time! I love food, a lot, but I think I love myself and my health more. I look forward to supporting everyone on their journeys as well!

Replies

• Barbarapl
    Options
    Hi Mama Lyn,

I strongly believe that you can do it! Although, the numbers may look scary at the beginning, you have a lot of motivation! Just think about your children (the one on the photo is beautiful) and your future with them. Every time you want to carve in, imagine yourself in five years. You want to be healthy now not only for yourself, but also for them. My motivation is similar, but I want to have kids, so I need to lose some weight (about 110 lbs)

If you want, I can help you with motivation. As for now, I'm full of positive thoughts (although, I'm an optimist, so it's nothing strange) and I'm ready to share them!

http://pinterest.com/pin/125537908333202841/
  • Mama_Lyn
    Mama_Lyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Mama Lyn,

I strongly believe that you can do it! Although, the numbers may look scary at the beginning, you have a lot of motivation! Just think about your children (the one on the photo is beautiful) and your future with them. Every time you want to carve in, imagine yourself in five years. You want to be healthy now not only for yourself, but also for them. My motivation is similar, but I want to have kids, so I need to lose some weight (about 110 lbs)

If you want, I can help you with motivation. As for now, I'm full of positive thoughts (although, I'm an optimist, so it's nothing strange) and I'm ready to share them!

http://pinterest.com/pin/125537908333202841/

HI there! Thanks so much for the encouragement, and for the compliment on my son! He's a joy already, and totally my motivation! I really want to get to a place where we're all eating right, and I know it starts with me. I'd love some help with my motivation, and positive thoughts are great!

Love the pin, btw- you're totally right!
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Don't doubt yourself in this - just take it one day at a time & you'll do fine. i would suggest setting small goals for yourself - like 10 lbs b/c i know that looking at a substantial amount of weight to lose can definitely be discouraging! Feel free to add me as a friend :-)