Question for ladies that have had a C-Section

Options
2»

Replies

• dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section after a twin pregnancy and exercise and a healthy diet really helped flatten my belly and get rid of the dreaded *shelf* that a c-section can leave. My skin is very soft and stretchy but my stomach is pretty flat and my ab muscles are a lot stronger than they were even before it.

I did 30 day shred, Ripped in 30, and am now doing Body Revolution. Ha, I should be a JM spokesperson ;)
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    My C-section scar is right on top of my coochie area so that's not bad but I still have a tummy prob....
  • kitkatwag
    kitkatwag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have a double pooch, one below the incision mark and one below. Yes the fat my leave as I exercise more but the skin that is there will never leave without a surgical option. I have some money earmarked to use for that when I can get where I need to be. In the meantime. I am working and working and not getting much of anywhere. I agree that genetics plays a part in what your body is able to do. I have female family members that have the same issue
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    My c-section was almost ten years ago, so maybe things have changed, because I have no idea what you ladies are talking about!

I had 2 c section and yeah idk what tummy you all are talking about.. but then again my first one is up n down n my second is below my pant line.. my stomach is not.flat but its doesnt hang over..
    But then again.i only gained 20 pounds with each kid..
    Yeah, I'd have to shave to see my scar and I have a little pouch that I don't particularly care for, but every woman I know over the age of 17 has that, kids, no kids, natural, c-section, whatever. It's just a regular woman's stomach as far as I'm concerned. But yeah, I didn't gain that much weight either (not in a good way), so maybe that's part of it. I remember when I was in recovery, the nurse came in to message my belly and said, "Where's your tummy?" I said, "Uh...he's in the NICU...?"
  • kanittaj
    kanittaj Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was actually wondering the same thing. My twins are 4 and I was wondering if I will ever lose that tummy without having surgery. I'm not gonna have surgery so I will have to work my butt off and continue on my weight loss process to get it down. Lord I hope it works.
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I think a straight-forward c-section is completely different in nature to an emergency c-sect, and so the effect on your stomach will be different. With my first two c-sects it took well over two hours in surgery (they were both "crash" surgeries, baby's heart had stopped and they went straight through everything) , and the babies were out within the first 5-10mins, the rest of the time was spent stitching, repairing, stapling, my scar from those surgeries extend right from one hip bone to the other, and I can fell the lumps of scar tissue in the muscle beneath my skin.
    My next three c-sects were electives, entire surgeries took no longer than 45mins, including one that was a bit more complicated due to placenta accreta. I had large healthy babies, so no complaints there, but the more weight I lose the more the skin hangs down, you can feel my abs through the skin, I don't really carry fat on my belly. You can also feel where my abs separate above my bellybutton for a good two inches, that definitely needs surgery! From my c-sect scar to my pubic bone is flat, no pooch below that.
    I will wait til I've been at goal for a year, then I will get surgery- tummy tuck and a breast lift/reduction. I recovered from my c-sects with no problems whatsoever, though my scars are very thick.
    Everybody's different.
  • nathanellamom
    Options
    baby one emergency c section cut hip bone to hip bone carried him high a few strech marks not bad, really sick. he was 10 lbs 4.5 oz. and did not have an easy recovery. my scar is horrific. and the dr has to make anther incision for baby #2 to come out. now baby #2 sceduled csection. carried her very low if i sneesed she would have come out. perfect deliverly. but after there was skin where i never had skin before and a massive. 10 inch hurina. Because of this skin it looks like my lower belly is bigger than it is and it touches my thighs. I do not think you can spot reduce and if there is skin it does need to be surgucally removed. ladies i have another question for you to ponder do u think having ur tubes tied makes you gain weight ??
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    ladies i have another question for you to ponder do u think having ur tubes tied makes you gain weight ??

No, it has no effect on your hormones whatsoever.
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I hope this comes out right....

Night before I delivered 12/11, was 211lbs. Started at 164 at 5' tall

[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/mpollak83/Weight Loss Journey/4dd99cc064d00a7b3f6b6e4a80ee3edb.jpg[/img]

Towards the end of my weight loss, 117lbs & still have some belly flab

[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/mpollak83/Weight Loss Journey/c9211d21c6d2abf898911994e06c7bdb.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/mpollak83/Weight Loss Journey/2128e56a1258e1515807d4e757c6e1c4.jpg[/img]

Now, 110lbs, less belly fat. Those last 7lbs made a big difference. I still have some loose skin but it's more toned overall now. Please excuse the underwear. My bathing suits don't fit.

[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/mpollak83/Weight Loss Journey/04a416cc50f4023dafa95219c51d6a6a.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/mpollak83/Weight Loss Journey/188c0d62d9541edcfbb37f70c0bb1243.jpg[/img]

Ugh! It didn't work. I'll try to fix it later tonight....