1/2 rolled oats or oat bran or any combo of the two
    1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 fresh or frozen berries of your choice
    2 tbsp ground flax or chia seeds
    1 tbsp sweetner of your choice
    1 tsp vanilla or maple flavoring

I'm trying this tomorrow morning.

Mix together and let sit overnight in the fridge.
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm incompetent at using the "quote" feature, but I am trying Overnight Oats tomorrow with some fresh red raspberries I just got tonight.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I'm not much into traditional breakfasts, though I have had some oatmeal lately. My most common breakfasts are things like quesadillas, yogurt, or leftovers from dinner the night before. Grits with cheese and hot sauce is also a winner.
  • josyjozy
    josyjozy Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    lately I have been doing pumpkin pie overnight oats. I would do anything for pumpkin pie though. Once when I was 5 I ate half a pumpkin pie by myself before my parents caught me.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    plain greek yogurt and protein powder (maybe or maybe not with fruit--I like crushed pineapple or fresh mango the best)
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Belvita breakfast biscuits work wonderfully for me. I like the oat and the chocolate ones. I can grab and go, with a cup of coffee. They keep me pretty satisfied.
  • Takotorau
    Options
    I love fish for breakfast.
  • pixish
    pixish Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I alternate with toast, yoghurt, fruit, leftovers, and that other thing :p
    Smoothies seem like a fun way to start the day, and a good change from cereal!
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I have 1 or 2 squares of dark chocolate (.25 - .5 serving)
    A cup or 2 of coffee
    A smoothie:

6 oz Lifeway Plain Kefir (fermented milk with 12 different live cultures)
    1 serving Greek Yogurt (I use Chobani because it has 5 live cultures, 2 of which overlap with the kefir)
    And then frozen fruit, 2 servings or a little less.
    I used to put bee pollen granules in it, but I use those in my protein shake now instead. They go together better.

I usually use mostly blueberries, but I often use citrus (different types of oranges. I used to add a quarter lemon, but it is to tart now with the yogurt and kefir). I will usually put 2 large strawberries or 3 small with my blueberries. I will sometimes us blackberries. Raspberries I am conservative with because the frozen ones are usually very tart. I will cut up mangos, melons, kiwis or whatever as well. I add a banana if they are getting to ripe and I don't want them going bad. I used to use a banana as my base fruit, and add whatever else I wanted.

To prep the fruit without it sticking together I will:

1- Put my cut fruit on a tray or plate and cover.
    2- Freeze individually.
    3-Remove from tray/plate after frozen.
    4-Put in a zip lock bag. Then back in the freezer.

During strawberry picking season, I will go to the fields and pick only strawberries that will be bad tomorrow, take them home and prep them right away. I usually eat a bunch! These make the most insanely delicious smoothies!

If you live in the Northwest, all the way from the Pacific to western Montana, huckleberries are awesome (and wild blueberries) and they are both PLENTIFUL!!! I am gonna miss huckleberry picking. I always mix the blueberries I find out there when huckleberry picking. I live in Ohio now, so no huckleberries… :-(

Someone mentioned using cored, peeled apples… I like the idea. Not sure if that would be to dense frozen, but my curiosity is peeked!

I made an avocado smoothie with ginger and hemp milk a couple weeks ago and it was really yummy as well...