Does any woman take a multivitamin?

Options
Hi everyone, I'd like to start taking a multivitamin, I currently just take Vitamin D, but I have no idea what brand or what to look for in a vitamin..they sometimes upset my stomach, if anyone has any suggestions I'd like to hear them, especially if they are the smaller ones..thanks:)

Replies

• DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I swear by swisse, it's really good and LOTS of things upset my stomach recently so they're really good
  • jayjay1955
    Options
    I take a over 50 vitamin, but I have to eat with it or it upsets my stomach also.
  • 0MissErin0
    0MissErin0 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Swisse brand if you are going to take one!!!!! It really depends on your diet.
    I only take vitamin D and Iron and try and get everything else i need from food.
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin and a calcium supplement. I usually use a One-a-Day. (And I log them in my tracker.)
  • TaraAziz
    Options
    Hi,

Yeh I take a multivitamin and iron tablet. I've been tracking my food and apparntly was only getting like 7% iron a day, which is probably why i'm tired all the time! The multivitamin contains vitamin B, D, A, thiamin which is good for skin, hair, nervous system etc. Was only £1.20 from Sainsburys!
  • KathyJSR
    KathyJSR Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    if multivitamins upset your stomach, try children's chewable - read the label - the one I take - generic brand - lists RDA for adults also. I also take 20 mg lutein, for retina health, and calcium (500 mg?) .
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin. I go with a gummie cause I know it breaks down completely in my body and I will get everything from it. :) What ever you do, make sure you log it in your foods!
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin with iron from Asda/Walmart - i log it in my planner because its shows that Im on target with my iron, vit a etc. i have to take it with food too.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I just take the Walmart version of women's one a day. I also take vitamin D and Iron. Iron seems to be helping with my energy level. You might get constipated so take a stool softener if you do.
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I take the Spectravite Multi-vitamin from CVS. I've been taking it daily for about 2 months now and have had more energy than I ever imagined. I wake up early in the morning before my alarm goes off, without that groggy feeling like I just woke up! I feel great.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I take the Walmart version of Centrum Silver.

If I take a multivitamin in the morning I'll taste it all day long. So I take it at night and don't have any problems at all.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I take Centrum for Women. I think there are different ones, but the one I take includes Vitamin D.
  • Nano1360
    Nano1360 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I take one multivitamin ,and one calcium and vitamin D per day.If you have enough calcium in your diet, you can avoid it since it may cause some problem if you don't drink lots of water with calcium. They did upset my stomach and I also got really bad headache and felt like vomiting. I started taking them separately, and each with one of my meals and with more than 2 cups of water , and they do not make me feel sick any more.
    I take Centrum for adults, but I'm thinking about switch to women next time. But even so the brand is not important just check your daily intake and try t cover your weekly goals for vitamins, calcium, Iron,etc.
    Good luck!
  • ngoc18045
    Options
    I currently taking One-A-Day multivitamin
    for Women. There're Petites tablet available at any drug store, take 2 tablets a day after you eat.
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I take a womens 1 a day and B-12
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I take just a basic brand from the grocery store.
    It has vitamin C and D.

I want to get a women vitamin next time.

Mine also upset my stomach, I actually did not know that was what was causing me to (TMI INCOMING) throw up every single morning until I started taking it with food. I would take it as soon as I woke up before eating anything and it was a major no no.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Does your multivitamin contain iron? Iron often leads to stomach upset. There are slow release iron tablets that are easier on the stomach. There are various brands. Slow-Fe was recommended by our GI doc.

Due to deficiencies noted in my blood work, I also take D, calcium and iron. I haven't ever been successful getting enough of any of these nutrients from my diet.
  • carneson3
    Options
    I take MultiVites (multivitamin) and Viactive (calcium and Vitamin D). I make sure I take them because I enjoy them, which is kind of the point. I refer to them as my gummy treats!!!
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I used to take the regular off the shelf variety, but then some friends heavily into fitness and triathalons etc. convinced me to try Usana. Have to say, I notice a big difference and can't go back. If you can afford them.. I truly think it makes a huge difference. They are directly sold.. not purchased in stores.
  • caslyn3
    caslyn3 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I take Centrum for Women under 50. It is a Multivitamin.. I haven't had any upset stomach. I was actually having a headache for like 2 weeks straight.. and i dont know if it is just coincidence or not, but since I have been taking the vitamin, they seem to have stopped.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!