New Here And Looking For Support

kyleighrenae
kyleighrenae Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,

My name is Kyleigh I'm 20 years old and I am new here obviously :) I don't really know what to say but I set my self a goal this year to lose 104 lbs. by my birhtday in August, I really think I can do it with the right support and friends who are here to get healthy to. My main reason for doing this is not only to feel better and look better, but because i recently found out that I'm high risk for certain health problems if I don't start losing weight and it kinda scared me so here I am! Well thats it really.
Thanks for lettin me rant. :)

KyleighRenae

Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Welcome!!! This is a great site and you'll get lots of support here! 104 lbs by August sounds a bit fast though. I'd say just commit to a healthy lifestyle and the weight will come off. :happy: The slower you lose it, the less likely it is to come back.
    Good Luck!!!! :drinker:
  • I'm new too, just started today. I've struggled all my life with my weight and I'm just tired of it. I've had a lot of bad events happed the last few years and I've decided that 2010 is going to be my turn around. Life is looking up for a change. I'd be glad to give you any support you need. My name is April...I to have some health issues, I'm on blood pressure medicine and I diabetes runs in my family and I'm to the age now where everyone has been diagnosed. I've been lucky and I don't want to chance it anymore. Goodluck
  • Hi all! Congratulations all of you for starting this journey, I'm new too and it's good to see some likeminded people taking action!

I come from a large family (both in numbers and in weight!) and I've had several family members dx'd with diabetes and heart issues over the past 24 months. Because I carry most of my weight around my tummy I know I'm at a high risk of having the same problems, so I've decided 2010 is the time to make a change!

I've set a goal to be 79kg, which is juuuuust inside the healthy weight range for my height... but I weighed that when I was in high school and in old photos I look pretty damn good so I'm happy with that!

Good luck everyone, and I can't wait to see all the fabulous goals we achieve this year!!
  • I am new to myfitnesspal also. I want to loose 50 pounds this year. I decided to get my community involved also. I started a website so people in my community (and anywhere else): http://www.healthynordonia.com

I figured if I do this in a public way, there is no way I can stop and give up. Let's all work together. I am finally ready to get healthy!
This discussion has been closed.