Miss eating Taco Bell? Here is a burrito fake-out

bambi5014
bambi5014 Posts: 79
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I made some awesome, healthy burritos tonight. It fed my family of 5, and even my small children liked it. Here is the recipe:

1 lb. Lean ground turkey
1 can Black refried beans
1 small can of diced green chilis
2 tbs. light sour cream
1 cup reduced-fat shredded mexican cheese blend
pkg. of Mission Corn tortillas (corn tortillas usually have less fat, calories & carbs than flour or even whole wheat)

Brown turkey in skillet. Add black refried beans. On medium heat, stir until beans "melt" in with meat. Add green chilis (they have a very mild spice - if at all, and fabulous flavor!), sour cream and shredded cheese. Stir until well blended. Spoon onto tortilla and add shredded lettuce, chopped onion or pico de gallo, salsa, or we like Messetta - Express Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeno Peppers.

Two burritos have approximately: 390 calories, 7g fat, and 5g of Fiber!

ENJOY and good luck on your weight loss journey all!

Replies

• tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Thanks for that! I also find when I'm craving Taco Bell, simply adding a packet of their sauce to my homemade healthier version does the trick.
  • :drinker: yummy!!!

thanks for sharing!!
  • leggi002
    leggi002 Posts: 28 Member
    These sound great. I'll try them for sure. How many tortillas are in the Mission corn tortilla pack, and how large are they?

Kathy
  • leggi: the Misson Tortillas I bought, came in a 10-pack and they say super size, but they truly are not much bigger than a regular flour tortilla.
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    This sounds great! Thank you for sharing:smile:
This discussion has been closed.