First post from Scotland and looking to lose lb

Options
Hi,

I'm fifty; my family has a long history of heart related illnesses: both my parents died as a result of heart conditions and my eldest brother had a massive heart attack three years ago that he was lucky to survive! So the odds - genetically - are stacked against me but I can at least try to tip the balance in my favour where I can, and I can with diet and exercise. I started dieting 3 months ago using another site but this one is far better. So although my weight loss is "nil" in here I actually lost 12 lb before I joined. :smile:

Replies

• capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Gothomson-Good for you sir for getting back in shape, and great news to hear that you have already lost 12 lbs. I too share the similar goals as you in that I have similar family history of heart conditions. Most of the males in my family that passed away do to some heart related issues was before the age of 50. I am doing my best to live past that and continue to live a healthy lifestyle. Welcome aboard. What workout routine are you currently doing?

charlie
  • wildflower0872
    Options
    I'm Scottish too... happy for anyone to add me, if anyone is looking for a bit of mutual support and a laugh along the way!

Wild :flowerforyou:
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats. You can backdate your weight if you like. I did so for morale and accuracy. I think it's under "edit previous measurements" on the weigh in page.
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!! And good work on your progress beforehand!!
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks Vor I think I'll do that :-)