Liposuction, maybe?

Options
I'm seriously considering it. I woke up this morning & I'm crying because I still haven't lost anything & I keep gaining a few ounces. I'm eating fruit and vegetables more than I ever have & I'm drinking more water than I ever have & I'm exercising more than I ever have. So WHY can't I lose any weight & I'm instead, gaining? :,( I can't keep on feeling this way, working my a** off & getting NO results.
So I guess my question here is, what are the consequences of liposuction? Should I go for it?

Replies

• Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Surgery is always scary and personally I don't think it should be undergone voluntarily. The thing with lipo, or any other surgery designed to reduce weight is you'll gain it all back if you don't have proper eating and exercise habits established before you undergo the surgery.

How long have you been trying to lose weight? Because sometimes when you start your body freaks out and it takes a few weeks before you lose any weight. Are you taking measurments, because it's possible you're losing fat but retaining water, or gaining muscle, which would mean the scale doesn't show a loss.

Don't be so concerned with the number. I know, easier said then done. But all your weight is, is how gravity effects you. How do you *feel* is more important. The rest will follow.
  • blushingmama
    blushingmama Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm not against surgeries but....

how much weight are you talking about?
  • xxMyWeighxx
    Options
    Erienneb: I've only been trying to lose weight for 2& a half weeks now but i think it really is my body retaining water & i don't know how to get rid of it.
    Blushingmama: I want to lose about 20-25lbs
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    AHh two weeks, totally normal to not have lost anything yet. Drink more water and watch your sodium. ecause you only want to lose 20lbs, it';s going to be slower and not as easy. Lipo for that little weight isn't something a dr would recommend. Just remember it's about a lifestyle so if things don't happen as fast as you'd like, it's ok. Your body is doing what it needs to do in order to lose weight in a healthy way.
  • sgarrard01
    sgarrard01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Open your diary up to the public, otherwise people cant advise you!
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Erienneb: I've only been trying to lose weight for 2& a half weeks now but i think it really is my body retaining water & i don't know how to get rid of it.

I will say this...Most doctors won't recommend lipo suction with only 20-25 pounds to lose. It really should be a last resort. I'm personally against any weight loss surgeries at all, but I also know that some will think differently. Weight loss doesn't happen over night. It's a learning process. It took me a loooong time to get that. It's unfortunate that it takes so long, but I suggest messing around with your macros and trying different things. I was using the macros suggested by MFP and wouldn't lose anything. Now, I've learned that my body needs high fat/high protein and low carbs to lose. Don't give up! 2.5 weeks, in the grand scheme of things, is not very much time at all!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

I will say this...Most doctors won't recommend lipo suction with only 20-25 pounds to lose. It really should be a last resort. I'm personally against any weight loss surgeries at all, but I also know that some will think differently. Weight loss doesn't happen over night. It's a learning process. It took me a loooong time to get that. It's unfortunate that it takes so long, but I suggest messing around with your macros and trying different things. I was using the macros suggested by MFP and wouldn't lose anything. Now, I've learned that my body needs high fat/high protein and low carbs to lose. Don't give up! 2.5 weeks, in the grand scheme of things, is not very much time at all!

We're talking LIPSUCTION - this is for "spot" reduction right?... after you've lost the weight. Not to be used "instead of" losing weight.

I'm thinking 25 pounds would be a large number for liposuction .... am I missing something:huh:
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously considering it. I woke up this morning & I'm crying because I still haven't lost anything & I keep gaining a few ounces. I'm eating fruit and vegetables more than I ever have & I'm drinking more water than I ever have & I'm exercising more than I ever have. So WHY can't I lose any weight & I'm instead, gaining? :,( I can't keep on feeling this way, working my a** off & getting NO results.
    So I guess my question here is, what are the consequences of liposuction? Should I go for it?
    \

try something new like cutting carbs.

spending money on an expensive/dangerous procedure seems pretty silly as opposed to picking up some books and having the discipline to eat right.
    you aren't different from anyone else, it's science, and you're just doing something wrong. lots of people have trouble to begin with, figure out what isn't working and change it.