New and Motivated

kissadesang
kissadesang Posts: 3 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I've never really been a part of "Health" or "Weight loss" sites.... or well anything for that matter.

I always thought I was damn good the way I was, and of course I am pretty good now, I'd be SO much better with a few less lbs.

I started taking the depo shot (for birth control), about a year ago and gained 59lbs in the process, I quit them about 4-6 months ago and now have the Implanon birth control implant which has similar horomones, which means there is a chance I could continue to gain weight, which is certainly not good news.

What is good news is that today, when I went to the doctor for a visit, I saw the scale. It terrified me with the large number 189.8! I never thought I'd weight this much... unless I some how got pregnant, and so before the end of the visit with said doctor, I asked her about weight loss ideas. She suggested keeping a journal of food consumed, so I started that this afternoon, and then, in a search for calories in an english muffin with sausage, egg, and cheese (basically a home-made version of a Sausage McMuffin with Egg) I came across this site.

I of course have it book marked and am going to set a daily alarm on my cell phone for after school to record my daily food consumption (which will also be in fore mentioned pocket journal) as well as any exercise I may have done.

I'm dreadfully dead set on losing this weight and when I finally do, I will then work on some toning.... For a girl who used to be a personal trainer's assistant I've got a LOT of work ahead of me.

If anyone thinks they could help, by throwing me some easy and cheap recipes, or has an exercise that is easily done and quick to complete.... or anything really please let me know!

Replies

• abbychick
    abbychick Posts: 118 Member
    Welcome!! This is a great site and the food tracker is amazing! As for exercise....I just got back into step aerobics and love it!! There are a lot of really great workout DVD's depending on what you want. Check out collagevideo.com if you are interested in ordering any. Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.