How many pounds to drop a pants size?!!!!!!!!

ambercole
ambercole Posts: 426
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok i'm going crazy!!! I have lost enough weight that the jeans that I am in now literally look like clown pants!!! IThey keep falling down, I have had to poke holes in my belt and now my pants are actually folding and wrinkling at the top because I have to cinch them up so much! Even my boss has made a couple of comments on them. The problem is that I can't button and zip the next size down without there being that little bulge around the top of my pants and I can't stand that. It's driving me crazy cause one size is like 10 times too big yet the next size is 10 times too small!!!! Sorry guys, I just get like this when I shop for clothes. No matter how much weight i lose NOTHING seems to fit.:sad:

Replies

• lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Maybe try a different brand?? Or a different style... like if one is a low rise try a regular type, or the other way around??
    i know what you mean though..
    I think of pants as barely squeezing in and air dry only, then its I can dry them in the dryer phase, then its the dry on super hot right before wearing yet baggy by the end of the night phase, thats when I usually get a smaller pair and start the phases over again =)

I feel like every 5-9lbs is a pants size.. depending on the brand!
  • Emilydmo
    Emilydmo Posts: 101
    That was really frustrating for me, too. You just have to check around with brands and different fits. Also, JC Penneys does 15's, 13's etc if that helps! I'm in the same situation so I feel your pain! I feel like I have to suck my tummy in ALL day if I go a size down, but I feel ridiculous in a size up! At least it's progress, though :)
  • ambercole

I think of pants as barely squeezing in and air dry only, then its I can dry them in the dryer phase, then its the dry on super hot right before wearing yet baggy by the end of the night phase, thats when I usually get a smaller pair and start the phases over again =)

Ha ha! I have this problem too. Pants fit in the morning and are too lose by the end of the day. I also hate having to pull my pants up all the time, so I think " ok, if they're falling down then it's time for a smaller size" then I get a smaller size and even if they are tight on me I still end up having to pull them up every five seconds.. Ughhh!
  • ambercole
    Also, how do you know what your size is cause I have jeans in a variety of sizes? ! Most of my jeans are 7's but I have some that are 8's and one pair that's an 11 but they all fit the same.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    I like to use the phrase, "I've reached maximum capacity on my pants." Meaning (at least for me) I worse my 20's when I should have been in a 22 or 24 but they stretched along with me. I lost about 30 lbs before I went down a size, just because my pants were that stretched out.
    Also, if you are buying stretchy pants, especially from Old Navy, make sure they are super snug when you buy them because they stretch really quickly and you will constantly pulling them up.
    Congrats on the weigh loss, keep up the good work!
  • I always thought jean sizes functioned under the 10 pound rule (10 pounds lost = 1 size down). I have lost 31 pounds and I went from a size 17/18 to an 11/12. However, everyone is shaped differently and different jean brands are cut differently. Try medium priced jeans ($15 - $35 at Ross, Kohl's or Mervyns). I have found that more expensive or super cheap jeans tend to run smaller.
  • kbglazier
    kbglazier Posts: 39 Member
    All brands are different and then you have to take into account cut, style, fabric. I personally have found that jeans with at least 1% spandex tend to stretch out less, and fit more true to size, while jeans like Gap boyfriend jeans have no spandex and stretch tremendously. I agree that you should buy them a little snug and give for the stretch factor. If you are buying juniors (5, 7, 9, etc) try womens or misses (6, 8, 10, etc). You will find a big difference between the cut. Juniors are cut for teen bodies (not so many curves) with smaller waists and narrower hips, and womens are a little more forgiving in those areas.

Hope this helps. Congrats on the weight loss.
This discussion has been closed.