Trying to lose weight to gain a baby belly!

Options
libbi
libbi Posts: 45 Member
My name is Libbi and I am trying to lose weight to gain a baby belly! :) We have been trying to conceive for 18 months now, with 5 angel babies to show for. I have been on clomid, femara, you name it. In addition to this, I have a horrid family history of nasty things like heart disease and diabetes. I myself have a mild PCOS, and I believe shedding the pounds with iron out my hormones and make or blessed baby stick and stay! I am losing weight as a part of Biggest Loser contest sponsored by my work (St. Thomas Hospital in Nashville, where I am a CT Tech). I am using Weight Watchers POINTS (on my own from the 2008 book) and trying to "link and balance" with protein. For exercise, I am primarily using EA Active and WiiFit. I am also throwing in additional yoga and Belly Dancing about 2-3 times a week. I am a forum junkie and would love to get to now you!! By all means send me a message if you want to chat! Good luck!

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP!! This website has changed my life and I can't say enough good things about it. Good luck and sending you baby dust!! :flowerforyou:
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Good luck!You are so young,persistance pays off! You have another two decades or so to try,so think positive!!I will pray for you!
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    From what I hear losing weight is sometimes just the spark to help conceive. I wish you the best of luck. I can't think of any motivation greater then starting a family.
  • bonbon277
    Options
    I am also trying to lose weight to gain a baby belly. We have been trying for a year now, with no luck so far :-(

I started using the elliptical we just got and am doing wii fit the days i dont make it on the elliptical. How do you like the EA Active???
  • libbi
    libbi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love EA Active. I love the circuit training! It's very similar to Curves! It really keeps me motivated, but is does kick my butt!
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I also did WW before this and loved it. I did it for about two and a half years before I just wasn't really doing it anymore. The calorie tracking here I love. It's new to me, so I'm motivated, and I LOVE that almost everything I enter is already in the database and I don't have to figure out nutritional info. myself.

I just bought EA Active and love it (although my thighs don't)! I'd recommend wearing a heart rate monitor if you have one, though, because I burn quite a bit more calories than it says I do.

I also am losing weight in the hopes that when my husband and I start trying (probably this summer) I will be healthy enough to conceive quickly (I'm a teacher and TRY to plan, but who knows...nature will take it's own course).

Good luck!