anyone from Alberta? BC or Sask?

Options

Replies

• tellascott
    Options
    Alberta here, just east of Edmonton. Feel free to add me, anyone who needs friends. :)
  • tellascott
    Options
    Hey! I'm just south of Edmonton. We just moved here in June from Ontario... and I am getting nervous about the cold Edmonton winters! But I am still determined to lose the extra insulation!! lol!!
    You could be in luck, looking like it may be a mild winter again this year.

We haven't had any of the good old winters where you froze to death by Halloween. Why I remember trick or treating and not making it more than 1 house without having to be let inside to warm up by the nice neighbours. Did I mention it was uphill both ways?
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Close, but I missed it by 'that much'! Manitoba here.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Manitoba here... close to Sask!!
  • LadonnaFunk
    LadonnaFunk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    SK here!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    BC Vancouver Island! :)
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    We haven't had any of the good old winters where you froze to death by Halloween. Why I remember trick or treating and not making it more than 1 house without having to be let inside to warm up by the nice neighbours. Did I mention it was uphill both ways?

I am now in Calgary, but grew up in northern BC, I can remember those halloweens -- you know the ones where the whole snowsuit has to fit under the costume. I also remember -40 for time and time on end, thank god those aren't all that common anymore.
  • burtonhl
    Options
    Hey! I'm just south of Edmonton. We just moved here in June from Ontario... and I am getting nervous about the cold Edmonton winters! But I am still determined to lose the extra insulation!! lol!!

Welcome to Alberta! I'm from Edmonton! - wear layers, it does get cold here - but I do like that we usually have a sunny sky - granted it's -30. You'll get used to it!
  • poetictraveller
    poetictraveller Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Vancouver here! Would also love more Canadian friends (and its not to ***** about the NHL lockout...well not much...)
  • flannelbug
    flannelbug Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just moved from northern BC to Edmonton.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Vancouver, BC! Would like more local friends so feel free to add me :)
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Okanagan, BC. It has been beautiful here so far not feeling like fall. :flowerforyou:
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    go riders!! =)
  • bellabijou
    bellabijou Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Another Vancouver BC girl over here!
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I live in Cochrane AB. Born and raised. I remember in the good ole days having to plan your halloween costume around snow suits. Always had two costumes, one for school (in the days that it was allowed) and one for the actual trick or treating. Ah, the memories :-)
  • bakeralison1
    bakeralison1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Grande Prairie, feel free to add me.
  • tellascott
    Options

I am now in Calgary, but grew up in northern BC, I can remember those halloweens -- you know the ones where the whole snowsuit has to fit under the costume. I also remember -40 for time and time on end, thank god those aren't all that common anymore.
    Oh yeah or your costume was an Eskimo or a polar bear cause it went with your coat or parka.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Close, but I missed it by 'that much'! Manitoba here.

hahah me too
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    East coast. :(
    I feel so left out.
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Another Sasky resident!
    Go riders!