First Half-Marathon Completed! Considering One? DO IT!

Options
2»

Replies

• agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Ran my first this weekend too -- I was very pleased with my time but you are a rocket. Go you!!!

Awesome! Congrats to you too, then! Wasn't it an awesome feeling, at the finish-line? :happy:
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Congratulations that is awesome!

I was supposed to run my 1st 1/2 ON Oct 14th, but I think I'm gonna have to sign up for the 5k an wait. I've been training since July (only started running in March of this year) but I had a huge set back the weekend I did a 15k. I was super dehydrated an barely finished the race let alone run the whole thing. Since then my weekly mileage has been down. My best mileage w/o atopping is 9 miles. Hopefully I can find a different one before the end of the year. The one in 2 weeks is a HUGE deal around here.
  • laureltn
    laureltn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Awesome! Congrats to you too, then! Wasn't it an awesome feeling, at the finish-line? :happy:
    [/quote]

yes -- especially because my last mile I was starting to lag. up to 12 it was great but that last 1.1 took all I had to hit my goal of sub 2 hours (by about 45 seconds, but I'll take it!) There's one here in October about 45 minutes away that's flat as a pancake. It sells out in about 2 hours. I am going to try to get in it next year. Downtown Nashville is really pretty but it's hilly!