Samsung Galaxy S3 vs HTC EVO 4g LTE

Options
wwk10
wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
I have the old EVO and want the new one.

S3 wins in a few stats that matter to me
S3 has removeable battery, EVO does not.
S3 has 2 GB RAM, EVO has 1GB
S3 has 64 GB sd card slot, EVO has 32 GB sd card slot
EVO seems "sturdier"
I want to stay with EVO bc I am used to it, but the 3 points above may persuade me.

I have to stay with Sprint (I know bad reception, no 4g etc etc etc)
Both phones have terrible names.

Any input?

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I used to work for Sprint... as a former employee:

F HTC. Go with the S3.
  • shanster23
    shanster23 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Try something new!
    My last 3 phones were all Samsungs and I did not want to leave Samsung, however when I got my new phone 6 weeks ago I was talked into the HTC One S. I fought it because I loved Samsung so much, but I'm glad now that I got the HTC :P

So go on and try the Galaxy, if it's better spec I'm sure you'll grow to love it :)
  • wwk10
    Options
    Shanster, you say try somethinge new but the HTC One you love is very similar to the HTC EVO.
    Corn, why dont you like HTC?

Thanks
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I have had a galaxy for about a year now (the first gen), and it's pretty decent. I have no major complaints. Nice part is if you do a lot of high power functions (like portable hot spot and gps), you can buy a larger battery with an extended back and it gives you TONS of time with it. I've run my portable hotspot for a whole seminar (8 hours) and only ran my battery down by 1/2, my old battery would have died 3 hours in.
  • corn63
    Options
    Shanster, you say try somethinge new but the HTC One you love is very similar to the HTC EVO.
    Corn, why dont you like HTC?

Thanks

HTC was always the phone that we had coming in with broken screens, shoddy software etc. Out of all the phones we sold, Samsung S2/S3 had the best track record on repair.
  • wwk10
    Options
    SHBoss I put the extended battery on my old EVO. I am a battery hog. I use lots of GPS maps and other battery drainers.

I still want the EVO (Dont know why. Maybe bc I love the old one so much)
    But I think y'all have convinced me to get the S3.
  • corn63
    Options
    SHBoss I put the extended battery on my old EVO. I am a battery hog. I use lots of GPS maps and other battery drainers.

I still want the EVO (Dont know why. Maybe bc I love the old one so much)
    But I think y'all have convinced me to get the S3.

Sprint does have a 14 day return policy though on their phones if you decide you don't like it.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    The both suck. Get an iPhone 5.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    GSIII - Removable battery, easier to root
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    I had the original EVO and got the new one too, and I love it. The higher end Samsung's seem pretty decent though too.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I just got the HTC EVO 4G LTE and I LOVE IT!!! 'Nuff said!
  • jessejames3ball
    Options

iSheep
  • xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love my S3, it's an awesome phone. Fast, solid, no troubles. Don't listen to the people telling you to go to iDiot phones, the S3 wipes the floor with them.
  • cragen01
    cragen01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am more partial to HTC devices, however, between those two, I like the s3 better. Easier root process. This isn't XDA so I won't go all into that, but having a modern phone which is able to be easily rooted is a great advantage.
  • MonkRocker
    Options
    I will give up my S3 when it is pried from my cold, dead fingers.

I used to always use HTC phones but got sick of crappy reliability and crappy battery life)
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I love my S3!
  • corn63
    Options

Be gone hippy mac user. I had an iPhone and then heard about Apple changing their already exclusively patented connector (but they'll let you purchase an adapter!)... yeah I went right back to Android.
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I *LOVE* My Galaxy S3. Another plus (I'm not sure the Evo does this), but it has dual antennas so you can talk and surf the web at the same time. It's not something I use on a regular basis, but it's really great when you're out and trying to figure out where to meet up with friends.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options

Be gone hippy mac user. I had an iPhone and then heard about Apple changing their already exclusively patented connector (but they'll let you purchase an adapter!)... yeah I went right back to Android.

I was going to get an iPhone 4s when my contract runs out in December - a refurbished one for free.

But I heard today no more Google Apps on Apple! So, no thanks!

Plus, the 4 is still 3G.

I'm thinking of going for the Droid. We'll see.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I will give up my S3 when it is pried from my cold, dead fingers.

I used to always use HTC phones but got sick of crappy reliability and crappy battery life)

ill give up my S3 when the Note 2 drops ;)