Treatment for stretch marks?

Options
I used Sweet Almond Oil in the past because I heard that it could help to tone down the vivid color of the stretch marks. And I ended using another product in cream format and it did wonders on them. They are mostly white now but there are days where they show more. So I was wondering if anyone can tell me their experience with concealling your stretch marks and if Sweet Almond Oil can actually help or not?

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I've never used anything for them, but usually they fade on their own. I had red ones on my side and they are white/silvery now, you can't see them unless you're looking for them. Losing weight and time seemed to help! but mine were just from weight gain not pregnancy or anything like that so they weren't terrible but they were definitely very visible!
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Once you get stretch marks, nothing short of surgery (now they also offer laser treatments but idk how well that works) will get rid of them. What creams and oils do is make them turn white, as opposed that red/purple color that is noticeable. A stretch mark is scarred tissue. I'm not sure about Sweet Almond Oil but coco butter worked for me.

Although, Livestrong, provides this recipe for making your own ointment using sweet almond oil.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/89996-use-sweet-almond-oil-stretch/

good luck