Hello!

sbilyeu75
sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I started using myfitnesspal.com about a week ago. I started weighing at 196 lbs. I'm looking to build muscle and lose excess fat. So I'm hitting the gym 4-5 times a week. I strength train M-W-F with 30 minutes of cardio and on T-Th I'm doing water aerobics for 60 minutes. So we'll see how it goes.

Replies

• JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Welcome!

You can do it!! We all can:drinker:

Hope to see you around :)
  • infobabe
    infobabe Posts: 23 Member
    One word of advice if you do weight lifting to gain muscle make sure you have proper form and use free weights not so much machines. It takes protein to build muscle to get alot of protein. I read about 30 grams or more especially if you are working out alot. When first starting out I kept it to three days a week with vigorous cardio, then read somewhere it said to do moderate cardio for more fat burning results. While heart health is important keeping your joints limber and not getting so stiff will help in the long run. Water aerobics are great! Keep at it and make it into your schedule cause I find when I get stressed out no time to exercise but I'm middle aged at you start losing muscle as you get older. -Dawn
This discussion has been closed.