Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi!

JoiceKelley
JoiceKelley Posts: 8
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Last week I started an exercise/ diet regime that I read about in PREVENTION magazine that boosts metabolism etc, etc, etc. OMG! It works! 6 pounds the first week. 5" off my waist (That's a little embarrassing to admit!) Of course, it helped allot that finally we got snow. I was able to cross country ski, and ice skate. Big calorie burners.

I realize that results like that are only going to occurr in the first week, but what a morale booster.

And I really do feel better and more energetic. I decided that given my age, I need to revamp my thinking on dieting. I've never been one to have major weight issues but in the last few years the pounds are trying to creep on and it's been more and more difficult to fight them off. I started to catch myself resigning to being "slightly overweight".

The program outlined in PREVENTION is more of a life style change. I think it's the answer for me.

Replies

• Last week I started an exercise/ diet regime that I read about in PREVENTION magazine that boosts metabolism etc, etc, etc. OMG! It works! 6 pounds the first week. 5" off my waist (That's a little embarrassing to admit!) Of course, it helped allot that finally we got snow. I was able to cross country ski, and ice skate. Big calorie burners.

I realize that results like that are only going to occurr in the first week, but what a morale booster.

And I really do feel better and more energetic. I decided that given my age, I need to revamp my thinking on dieting. I've never been one to have major weight issues but in the last few years the pounds are trying to creep on and it's been more and more difficult to fight them off. I started to catch myself resigning to being "slightly overweight".

The program outlined in PREVENTION is more of a life style change. I think it's the answer for me.
  • OK, someone tell me how to change the ID name. Didn't really intend for my real name to go up ther.e
  • prettyinpink
    prettyinpink Posts: 94 Member
    Joice,
    To change your username go to My Home and then to Settings... Click on Change Username and voila!! :o)

I am trying to come up with something cute myself... I don't like my name up there either.

Okay..so about this diet in Prevention magazine... what is the diet?? hehe
  • Thanks -- now I have to come up with a name. I was all set to change it to just anything, when I read that you only get to change it one time. Whatever I come up with I will be stuck with -- you would think peoples' lives were at stake with the way I'm fussing over this!

The program is in the March 2008 issue of PREVENTION. The cover has a lady in a purple sweater and jeans walking on a beach. The headline says "GET YOUR BODY BACK Fire up your metabolism, Blast fat in 2 weeks." It has just a guideline for the diet -- which is good for me. As soon as you tell me I can't have something, it becomes the most important thing on my list to have.

And it has simple to do excercises, including some targeted for each age group. Plus I went out each day and did something. The dogs are loving it!

I combined those guidelines with the information on this website.

I feel so "in control". It's just working for me. Good Luck! I hope it works for you.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Wow! Your only two years younger then me and you can cross country ski and ice skate? Thats great,:drinker: good for you!:drinker: :drinker:
  • Hi. Yes I am new to Myfitnesspal, but I am not new to losing this weight and size. I actually started on Jan. 2nd. Some friends and I decided to have a biggest loser contest. Our first goal was February 14th.
    I was at 255 then and had a waist of 40. I ended up winning this first go round. I weighed in at 232 on the 14th. I have also dropped a pant size to 38. I am still continuing on though some of them have dropped off.
    I stumbled upon this web site because I wanted to see how many calories were in some of the food I had been eating and in the foods I am eating now. I have been working out 4 times a week and changed my whole way of eating. I moniter my Calories, sugars,carbs and sodium intake. I eat small meals 5 - 6 times a day. I also eat more healthy ( you would be suprised how good food taste when you're hungry). The first week or 2 was the hardest, but after that it became habit. I drink 8-10 8ounce glasses of water a day. I haven't touched a soda or anything other than water since I started. I have never felt better. I have so much energy.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Hi. Yes I am new to Myfitnesspal, but I am not new to losing this weight and size. I actually started on Jan. 2nd. Some friends and I decided to have a biggest loser contest. Our first goal was February 14th.
    I was at 255 then and had a waist of 40. I ended up winning this first go round. I weighed in at 232 on the 14th. I have also dropped a pant size to 38. I am still continuing on though some of them have dropped off.
    I stumbled upon this web site because I wanted to see how many calories were in some of the food I had been eating and in the foods I am eating now. I have been working out 4 times a week and changed my whole way of eating. I moniter my Calories, sugars,carbs and sodium intake. I eat small meals 5 - 6 times a day. I also eat more healthy ( you would be suprised how good food taste when you're hungry). The first week or 2 was the hardest, but after that it became habit. I drink 8-10 8ounce glasses of water a day. I haven't touched a soda or anything other than water since I started. I have never felt better. I have so much energy.
    Hi Jerry and Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • Funny that you should reply to my entry. While scrolling through the pictures yesterday, I did a double take when I saw yours. You look just like my sister!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.