Calling all kettlebell users......

Options
Hi i regularly workout using kettlebells, but would like to invest in a new kettlebell dvd but finding it hard to find a good decent one thats not too easy!!

Anybody got any good dvds they can recommend aswell as where they got it from and what weight kettlebell they use with it aswell

Thank you :-)

Replies

• xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper Kettlebell workouts....and they're only $5 each at mytrainerbob.com
  • vienna26
    vienna26 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Oh thats really cheap, im in the uk so they ship over?? lol how long are the workouts and whats the intensity like???
  • vienna26
    Options
    anybody else .....
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I love the Russian guy... Pavel? Kettlebell Goddess workout.
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I love Kettlebelling!! I go on youtube and find all sorts of Great Kettlebell workouts!! I learned the different sets from my instructor at the gym, so I usually just to those same sets. When I'm bored with it I go to youtube! Check it out!
  • vienna26
    Options
    I love the Russian guy... Pavel? Kettlebell Goddess workout.

yeah i was looking at the goddess workout what weight kettlebell do you use with it?
  • vienna26
    Options
    I love Kettlebelling!! I go on youtube and find all sorts of Great Kettlebell workouts!! I learned the different sets from my instructor at the gym, so I usually just to those same sets. When I'm bored with it I go to youtube! Check it out!

Me 2 i will have a look thanks
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    it's probably not that the workouts are bad, it's probably that you need heavier kettlebells.
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Kettleworx on October 1. You can find it at Kettleworx.com. It's kind of expensive...$89.00 online and $64.00 at Target.
  • vienna26
    Options
    it's probably not that the workouts are bad, it's probably that you need heavier kettlebells.

Ive had a few different dvds the one i am doing now is kettlercise and that is really good but yeah im finding that easier now because i need a heavier weighted bell, but the other one i did before the kettlercise was just to easy i found it didnt push me hard enough i used the same weight bell for it as i did kettlercise , both have pretty much the same moves incorporated but the first one was too easy when i got kettlercise i knew the difference was a hell of a lot harder and thats with the same weight!! But yeah if its a decent program and its too easy usually just upping the weight works :-)
  • vienna26
    Options
    I'm starting Kettleworx on October 1. You can find it at Kettleworx.com. It's kind of expensive...$89.00 online and $64.00 at Target.

I was looking at that the other day it looks really good, and their only 20minute sessions a day arent they??
  • Do have a look at Lauren Brook's website and although based in the USA her DVD's and books are available via Amazon here in the UK. http://www.ontheedgefitness.com.
  • vienna26
    Options
    Do have a look at Lauren Brook's website and although based in the USA her DVD's and books are available via Amazon here in the UK. http://www.ontheedgefitness.com.

Thankyou i will check the site when i get back from my boxercise class tonight :-)
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    Paul Katami "KettleBell Drills" dvd is amazing.

It has 3 sections - A "Clinic" to show basic moves (but it's an *kitten* buster), Full workout, and Ab workout.
  • saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    CHEAT?

As you progress using Kettlebells, you need heavier ones. Here's a cheap way to do that:

Go to your local hardware store, plumbing section...
    buy: the piece you screw to the wall to hold the pipe; looks like a circle with a nipple in the middle, threaded
    pipe that fits will screw onto the nipple, about 12 inches long, threaded on both ends (adjust length to suit)
    T-joint to screw into pipe

Now assemble: Buy weight plates, 5 or 10 pounds, and thread onto pipe so they sit on nipple thing.

Viola! adjustable bell !

Get the first plate before you go to hardware store so you will know how big the hole is to thread pipe through

I love it, but KB's are expensive.
  • Bassafrass80
    Bassafrass80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Kettleworx for about 8 months now. I love it. It's a 26 minute workout from warm up to cool down and I'm sweating when I'm done. I started with a 5lb bell and now use 10lb. I am looking to up to 12-15lbs soon. I got mine on Groupon for only 50 bucks.
  • mumx5
    mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I started Jillian Michaels' Shred it with Weights DVD a couple of weeks ago, and as a beginner to using Kettlebells, am quite enjoying it. There are 2 levels to the DVD so you might find that level 2 may suit you more as I hear it is very challenging.

I purchased a Kelly Holmes adjustable kettlebell from Tesco's for £20. The weights range from 3kg to 7kg.

HTH :)
  • vienna26
    Options
    CHEAT?

As you progress using Kettlebells, you need heavier ones. Here's a cheap way to do that:

Go to your local hardware store, plumbing section...
    buy: the piece you screw to the wall to hold the pipe; looks like a circle with a nipple in the middle, threaded
    pipe that fits will screw onto the nipple, about 12 inches long, threaded on both ends (adjust length to suit)
    T-joint to screw into pipe

Now assemble: Buy weight plates, 5 or 10 pounds, and thread onto pipe so they sit on nipple thing.

Viola! adjustable bell !

Get the first plate before you go to hardware store so you will know how big the hole is to thread pipe through

I love it, but KB's are expensive.

ooohhh thanks thats a great idea i just bought a new one but next time i will bear this in mind
  • vienna26
    Options
    I've been doing Kettleworx for about 8 months now. I love it. It's a 26 minute workout from warm up to cool down and I'm sweating when I'm done. I started with a 5lb bell and now use 10lb. I am looking to up to 12-15lbs soon. I got mine on Groupon for only 50 bucks.

yeah ive heard their good plus good if your stuck for time with being only 26 mins pretty easy to fit in your day, ive just gone up to a 12lb bell i started with an 8lb thanks for the help
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Try: "The Art of Strength - Newport" DVD, it's a pretty good workout. The guy does it on his own, no fluff, straight to work, goes for an hour, finishes strong with 5 minutes of back to back snatches..... if you don't feel this one, you picked a bell that's too light! The trainer is no-nonsense and a survivor of a rare form of bone cancer. His first ever video "Providence" was shot post-surgery and during chemo and radio-therapy. The dude's a king!

Or: If you're feeling insane you could get Keith Weber's Extreme Cardio Kettlebell Workout Vol. 2. The whole thing is carved up into 10 minute workouts. You either pick a lighter bell and do them all straight through (good luck with that!) or you do a grab bag of 3-5 of the segments with a heavier bell. You can sequence the segments differently and get a very different experience from the DVD each time. A note of caution: this is a no-thrills production of a guy on a beach somewhere with no more than a Canadian accent and a kettlebell. I've seen some reviews where people do it down and say it's not worth the money, but I really like it. To buy it new IS really expensive though - if you can pick up a second hand copy somewhere cheap, then it's a keeper... the guy's got a extremely laid back demeanour that's totally at odds with the intensity of the workout on offer. I seem to be constantly surprised and delighted by it!

I've also done the level 4 workouts from Skogg. These are simple, but they're deceptively simple. His Ladders workout is a b*tch! And also his Flow workout is pretty tough. Actually, they're all pretty good and I like the guy, too. He's all about the form - which I like!

Like all these things, the personality of the person on the screen plays a massive part. Any workout can be tough, but if you hate the trainer, you're not going to get into the dvd! Bear in mind I like all the trainers from the above DVDs and this may be my personal taste and no one else's. I do stand by the fact that they're all tough workouts though....