How did you know you had PCOS ?

Options
2»

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    13 viles of blood drawn, internal and external ultrasound, and a physical. He "figures" it's PCOS but there hasn't been conclusive evidence...my doctor is a wack job. I'm still going to follow the ultra-low carb cycling for awhile to see if that works.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Blood test. They told me I was going for an ultrasound, never mentioned anything about internal... I got there and was like "You're putting what WHERE!? NO!" So they did an external one. LOL I got put on Yaz for it and that messed with my kidneys and gallbladder and now I have hypokalimia from that drug and I took myself off all meds and just got it under control about 6 months ago with no drugs!

haha - love it! I too was surprised by the fact that it was an internal. That is a very odd situation, right there. Did not enjoy any of the three I've had.

me too! they didn't even tell me where they were putting it until she lubed it up! i was traumatized! Isn't that something you should prepare a woman for?
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I knew I had it all along - thinning hair, hair where it shouldn't be, fat stored in the middle - yeah. Right Google doctor, me.

Went to the doctor, had bloods and an ultrasound, and they told me what I already knew.
  • HMToomey
    Options
    Blood test. They told me I was going for an ultrasound, never mentioned anything about internal... I got there and was like "You're putting what WHERE!? NO!" So they did an external one. LOL I got put on Yaz for it and that messed with my kidneys and gallbladder and now I have hypokalimia from that drug and I took myself off all meds and just got it under control about 6 months ago with no drugs!

haha - love it! I too was surprised by the fact that it was an internal. That is a very odd situation, right there. Did not enjoy any of the three I've had.

me too! they didn't even tell me where they were putting it until she lubed it up! i was traumatized! Isn't that something you should prepare a woman for?

YES! I don't know why they don't tell you!