Post Workout Shake

Options
I have a new shake that I created. I would like to know what your post-workout intake is, and your opinion on mine. I have been doing this for a week and a half. Mine is as follows:

1 large raw egg
5 oz Lifeway plain kefir
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp bee pollen granules
1 scoop of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey
6 oz rice or almond milk
1 multi-vitamin (1/3 serving)
1 100 B-Complex

Also, if you have been using kefir in your diet, please let me know your experience with it. How does it make you feel? Does it enhance your performance? Do you feel healthier since incorporating it? Do you get sick less? Do you recover more quickly from your work-out routines? Thanks a bunch!!

Replies

• Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    replying just cause what the heck are bee pollen granules? enlightenment please!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    1 glass of milk.

Booyeah.

Follow that with a shower and a good, full meal.

If, however, I were strength training, I'd down 1-2 scoops of protein powder (variety varies) with 3 tbsp of Gatorade powder shaken up with plenty of water.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I have a new shake that I created. I would like to know what your post-workout intake is, and your opinion on mine. I have been doing this for a week and a half. Mine is as follows:

1 large raw egg
    5 oz Lifeway plain kefir
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 Tbsp bee pollen granules
    1 scoop of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey
    6 oz rice or almond milk
    1 multi-vitamin (1/3 serving)
    1 100 B-Complex

Also, if you have been using kefir in your diet, please let me know your experience with it. How does it make you feel? Does it enhance your performance? Do you feel healthier since incorporating it? Do you get sick less? Do you recover more quickly from your work-out routines? Thanks a bunch!!

Raw egg = bad

Digestibility of Cooked and Raw Egg Protein in Humans as Assessed by Stable Isotope Techniques
    http://jn.nutrition.org/content/128/10/1716.full
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I just eat whatever. Dinner, usually.
  • teletubbie87
    teletubbie87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I use body fortress super advanced whey protein (Cookies n Cream or chocolate)
    1 tbsp of peanut butter or some berries

some almond milk (unsweetened) or water

I have tried raw egg whites, really not my thing... I rather have them broiled.
  • 65Fa5tback
    Options
    Water & Optimum whey protein double choclate. All I need!!
  • Topher1978
    Options
    Bee pollen granules are natural bee pollen. It is actually extremely nutritious. It has all amino acids necessary as well as vitamins and minerals and other micronutrients. It isn't a silver bullet miracle food, but it is a superfood! And, It makes me feel better! I have been trying to incorporate as many super foods into my regular eating habits as possible. I do not like how they make my morning smoothies taste, but they go great in my post workout shake!

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2965538
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Right now, I use GNC Amp Wheyabloic 60. 1 scoop (20 g. protein) plus 4 oz. of water.
  • Topher1978
    Options

Raw egg = bad

Digestibility of Cooked and Raw Egg Protein in Humans as Assessed by Stable Isotope Techniques
    http://jn.nutrition.org/content/128/10/1716.full
    This is interesting, though it is only a study done on 4 people. So it is certainly not conclusive. I know the digestibility and bioavailability is enhanced through cooking, nonetheless. I did do a ton of reading and research before I decided to use raw eggs. This is certainly something that I am going to read up more on, though. I love the flavor that the raw egg adds to the shake, and certain nutrients are preserved by eating it raw.

I am also curious as to whether having the kefir in the shake as well, not to mention my daily consumption of Greek Yogurt and kefir in the morning will help with the digesting, and therefor bioavailability to the raw egg protein. That ads 15 different types of creatures living in my gut that that fight bad creatures, help with digestion and so forth. Food for thought! Thank you for the article!
  • Topher1978
    Options
    Right now, I use GNC Amp Wheyabloic 60. 1 scoop (20 g. protein) plus 4 oz. of water.
    Is that as good as the GNC reps make it out to be? I guess Optimum Nutrition makes the GNC proteins, and I love ON...