Best Local Beer

Options

Replies

• Wade406
    Wade406 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Saison - Flathead Lake Brewing - Bigfork, MT.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Otter Creek - I like their seasonal ales best. The fall one is usually a medium amber.

Magic Hat - Heart of Darkness
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Fo me, that's Boulevard Brewing company. It's the only local micro-brew that I truly enjoy drinking.

<3 blvd wheat!

Yes! :drinker:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Microbreweries in the US have made trips stateside so much nicer in the last 10 years, but you've gotta stop serving it cold!!

[a wherry for me, thanks]

You Europeans and your warm drinks! :tongue:

:laugh: :drinker:
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Norfolk Canyon IPA made by O' Connor brewing Company, Norfolk VA.
    Hubby likes their Dismal Swamp Black IPA
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Here for me it's Shapiro and Taybe. Second one isn't that local, but close enuogh.

But I'm a sucker for Irish beer, I wonder if it's possible to have a Guinness with a 1200 kcal / day limitation...
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    St. Arnold's. :drinker:
  • angbunny22
    Options
    LoneRider: Shotgun Betty! It rocks!
  • jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    No one can hold a candle to Portland, OR's breweries. No one. Too many to even mention!
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    Lots of great SoCal breweries:

The Bruery - Placentia, CA
    Pizza Port - San Clemente, CA
    Beachwood Brewing - Long Beach, CA
  • bonemuse12
    bonemuse12 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If I'm staying in Illinois, Haymarket and Pipeworks are both making some beers that are better than some of their counterparts in the city. Of course, I can drink about 90% of Goose Island as well and be a happy camper!

~TK`
  • nascarbettie
    nascarbettie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Fo me, that's Boulevard Brewing company. It's the only local micro-brew that I truly enjoy drinking.

I love Boulevard but I'm rather partial to Coots or anything from the Belle Isle Brewery. Coots is at least marketed.
  • Michelle81285
    Options
    Four Peaks in Tempe, AZ or Lumberyard in Flagstaff, AZ.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    OM NOM NOM NOM
    white_choc_logo.jpg
  • valmb2
    valmb2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The stuff I make, at home! :) YAY for homebrewing! :)
  • alanjwood
    alanjwood Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Brewdog, WIlliams Bros, Black Isle Brewing...all Scotlands finest!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Heiner Brau (Covington, LA) is pretty good. I like it more than Abita, which isn't as exciting as other microbrews are. Gotta love an Andygator, though.

However, NOTHING compares to the brews my LHBS makes in his shop. Mmmm....

Local Octoberfest thing this weekend. Going to knock myself out of ketosis with all of the yummy offerings!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I love Boulevard but I'm rather partial to Coots or anything from the Belle Isle Brewery. Coots is at least marketed.

I've never heard of those! I will check at the liquor store next time I buy beer.
  • glonigan
    Options
    I'm originally from Portland, Oregon so it's hard to compare anything to down here in Arizona. I work in Tempe part of the week and frequent Four Peaks. Down in Tucson, my weekly stop is Barrio Brewery.
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Oh man. We are a mega beer town and I work for a beer distributor. Heaven.

My personal favorites of our locals would be Independence Austin Amber and Twisted X Fuego. I can hardly ever find Fuego and I think it's only available in draft right now, but it's amazing. It's a crisp lager infused with a touch of jalapeno---I tasted it for the first time when my company met with the brewers and I had a religious experience. Austin Amber is a great amber ale, really drinkable and flavorful and tastes sooooo good with some barbecue :drinker:

You had me at "I work for a beer distributor".