running... sometimes I wish...

Options
2»

Replies

• krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a marathon (or will be soon) and posted about what to wear in the cold to run... I'm in MN so the temp is regularly below 0F with crazy windchills...

The first poster gave some great info about running in the cold

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/746959-cold-weather-training

k, so this is kind of embarassing, and kind of funny...
    I stop running in the fall because when I've gone to look at running clothes for the colder temps - all the womens stuff is WAAAAAAY too short in the legs. I hate baggy running clothes, and the men's tights just, um, don't fit quite right...

:blushing:

anyone know where I could find great, relatively inexpensive, running clothes for women with a 37" inseam?

^^^ please note: this is an OP sanctioned rabbit trail off topic...

I am taller and have been googling the info he suggests to find stuff that fits me... If I find something I"ll let ya know but I'm just googling it all right now
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

I am taller and have been googling the info he suggests to find stuff that fits me... If I find something I"ll let ya know but I'm just googling it all right now

oh that would be awesome!!! I'll do the same and let you know if I have any luck too!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I completely understand this post! At times I think "what did I get myself into??" because after just 4 months, I can't imagine NOT going for a run at least a couple times a week. Unfortunately I have to run in the early morning, so I don't get to see all the beautiful colors since it's dark. But trust me...if I'm off for too long, I'm definately getting itchy!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I completely understand this post! At times I think "what did I get myself into??" because after just 4 months, I can't imagine NOT going for a run at least a couple times a week. Unfortunately I have to run in the early morning, so I don't get to see all the beautiful colors since it's dark. But trust me...if I'm off for too long, I'm definately getting itchy!

You know you have it bad when your SO looks at you after you've been particularly *****y and says... Um, when was the last time you went running? Maybe you should go... NOW!
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Outdoor running is definitively the best! For everything else, there's the treadmill.

First time you try winter running Sandy, you'll be hooked! Nothing compares!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I think the coldest I've run was about -5C (23F). It was snowing / raining into my eyes. It is a run I won't forget, as it truly tested my resolve and determination. Was it "fun"... Well in a sick twisted way, I guess it was!