Would you class sugarfree squash as water

Options

Replies

• morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

Or you can simply check urine color. Pale yellow or clear = you're good.

If clear then you're drinking too much

I thought it was supposed to be clear? Mine is bright yellow right now, but it has been clear in the past.
  • ifixyospeech
    ifixyospeech Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I count all liquids toward my intake, be they coffee, soda, fizzy water, iced tea, etc. (I don't like the taste of tap water where I live, so tend not to drink it.)
    If you want to be sure some of your liquid intake is water, you might want to find a brand of bottled water that you like, and drink a bottle or two of that instead of the squash. The fewer chemicals you have in your body, the better you will feel!

you can't actually count the drinks with caffeine in them as water. caffeine is a diuretic and will leech free fluid from your system. the ratio is 1:1. if you drink a cup of coffee (or iced tea) and a cup of water, it's like you put nothing in at all. for each caffeinated beverage you drink, you should add 1 cup of water to your daily total. same goes for alcohol.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    caffeine is a diuretic and will leech free fluid from your system. the ratio is 1:1. if you drink a cup of coffee (or iced tea) and a cup of water, it's like you put nothing in at all. for each caffeinated beverage you drink, you should add 1 cup of water to your daily total. same goes for alcohol.

This is not scientifically proven - urban myth
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    count it as cardio. win win!

sport_lg7.jpg
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I do. When I lived in the US and did WW we counted crystal light as water and its pretty much the same thing.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    4 litres? That's a whole lot of artificial sweeter in one day. I fully admit I drink diet soda and I'm usually the first one to jump on a thread to join the 'pro diet pop' people but 4 litres is frightening!!!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I count all liquids toward my intake, be they coffee, soda, fizzy water, iced tea, etc. (I don't like the taste of tap water where I live, so tend not to drink it.)
    If you want to be sure some of your liquid intake is water, you might want to find a brand of bottled water that you like, and drink a bottle or two of that instead of the squash. The fewer chemicals you have in your body, the better you will feel!

you can't actually count the drinks with caffeine in them as water. caffeine is a diuretic and will leech free fluid from your system. the ratio is 1:1. if you drink a cup of coffee (or iced tea) and a cup of water, it's like you put nothing in at all. for each caffeinated beverage you drink, you should add 1 cup of water to your daily total. same goes for alcohol.

Cool story bro, I liked all of it especially that it's all fiction
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options

What study is this from?
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I thought it was supposed to be clear? Mine is bright yellow right now, but it has been clear in the past.

Pale yellow is good - some vitamins (especially B vitamins) and food substances can colour your urine.
  • zumbum
    Options

That is mentioned and disproved here: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeinated-drinks/AN01661

And yes, I was surprised as well.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Source.....I ask as this is totally wrong.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    The real question is do you count water as sugarfree squash

Whoa.

Mah. Head. A. Splode.

:explode:
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I've been reading so much about the artificial sweetners that I actually stopped drinking diet soda.

I do drink a ton of water and go through a lemon a day in my water. And drink so much that I really don't bother to track it, 100 plus ounces a day.

And as for the topic it seems it should count towards your total. And just out of curiosity, what's the sodium like for a serving? Even if it's a low percent it can start to add up over multiple servings...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Nonsense. Yes, caffeine is a diuretic and in large doses could cause dehydration. Coffee or tea do not have the amount of caffeine required for dehydration, even if you drink a normal sized pot of very strong coffee. (the reason to drink a lot of water is for the diuretic affect)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Bright yellow
    Urine that looks nearly neon-colored may seem somewhat alarming, but the cause is most likely nothing more sinister than your daily multivitamin pill. “The B vitamins and carotene in particular give the urine a deeper, more golden color,” says Dr. Deborah J. Lightner, associate professor of urology at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. And don’t worry: That brightly colored urine means you’re simply pissing away all of your expensive supplements. The urine color can be affected as the vitamins filter through your system—even as they are being absorbed and utilized.

http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/what-your-urine-is-telling-you-about-your-health-1
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options

Cool story bro, I liked all of it especially that it's all fiction
    LOL <3
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I don't know what squash water is but when i shred zucchini put it in a sifter and drain the water out of it before cooking it I like to drink the Zucchini water
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I count it Hun. I can't bear tap water and always have squash (unless in work and its a water cooler or something). Tap water even smells kinda funny sometimes... Anyway, we use Tesco double concentrated summer fruits, no added sugar and its my fave. I've been trying to use less and less though and sometimes just have a splash of lemon juice.
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't know what squash water is but when i shred zucchini put it in a sifter and drain the water out of it before cooking it I like to drink the Zucchini water

Squash in basically a liquid crystal light. It is the closest thing I can relate it to in america. It a liquid, fruit flavoured concentrate that you add to water. Its really good!
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Proper craving Vimto now...