starting P90X on October 1....

Options
....do I need to add any cardio (HIIT/interval) to this workout routine? Or should I just do the program as outlined?

I just completed Chalean Extreme and it is on the low side of cardio. I felt that I needed to add cardio to that routine.

Thanks.

Replies

• mnbramos
    mnbramos Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had started P90x back in the winter and though I didn't complete all 90 days, I did almost 2 months worth. I really started to miss Cardio and didn't really like the CardioX or Yoga that is in the program. I found that if I shortened some of the workouts, or wrote down all the exercises and reps, then headed to the gym to do cardio...I liked it better. I am a slight cardio junkie, so although I wanted muscle I didn't want to give up moving!

Good luck! I'm on Insanity right now and even though it sucks (because the workouts are hard!) it's great cardio and there are some added strength benefits in there, although it is body weight not with actual weights.
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    There are two cardio days, Plyometrics and Kenpo X. I don't think you need to add extra cardio unless you find yourself missing it. I do an additional workout sometimes but mostly stick with the prgram as outlined. There is a doubles routine that means adding additional cardio (they say Cardio X but you could do anything) 3 days a week in Phase 2 and 4 days a week in Phase 3. I was going to attempt this, but it was quite tiring and time consuming, plus it was hard to eat enough calories to support it. I would suggest sticking to just the program for phase one and see how you go, then adding in extra cardio a few times a week if you feel you need it and it isn't taking away from your main workouts.