Still Struggling

Options
I keep posting on here I know...

I feel like I have been eating more junk food in the past month than I was for several months prior to that. The calories have stayed in pretty decent check. I work out almost every day. I still turn to too much alcohol, but not like I use to for sure.
Still not getting the results I should be getting. I made an appointment to try for some weight loss pills. I don't know what else to do. If eating less, eating more, eating right, working out, not working out, eating poorly, etc...makes no difference one way or the other, I clearly need to try something else.

Feel so alone :(

Replies

• sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I know I've been struggling also but I have to keep telling myself that it going to be worth it in the end.

Make little changes, set weekly goals for yourself. If you can't go cold turkey without the junk food or alcohol start by taking some out and hopefully sooner rather than later you would have cut them out completely. There are several of successful stories out, just read some of those and you'll be motivated. It's never easy for anyone. Don't use weight loss pills, they won't do much for you.

We're all in this together!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Your body needs time to adjust to the new amount of calories you are giving it. How long did you try any one thing? My biggest problem is wanting a quick fix. Diet once, get rid of the weight, then go back to my old ways. That doesn't work. You need consistent change, or else you will just gain it right back. That would be my concern with diet pills. They might work in the short term, but not long term. Better to focus on a making consistent lifestyle changes that you can keep up the rest of your life.
  • Starbuck2020
    Starbuck2020 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Well I went from eating too much everyday to eating crappy on the weekend (but still decent calories). I was drinking a lot every night, but switched to one drink some nights in the week and maybe a few more on the weekend if it is that kind of weekend. I went from never working out to working out nearly everyday and burning lots of calories.

From what I have read and seen all over....anyone else that made these changes would have seen a difference. Any difference.

I was told 20 days ago that I was eating too little so I increased it and lost 2 lbs. Stuck again.
    I know I am not doing perfect, but perfect would be a couple pounds or more a week. Less than perfect should be at least half a pound a week right?

I don't know what else to do. There is emotional trouble with eating well all of the time, but I have made it so much better. :(
  • Starbuck2020
    Options
    Been trying for about 4 months now. MFP for 20 days.
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    It has to start in your mind. You didn't gain all the weight over night or within a few weeks and you won't drop it that fast either. Sure you could get diet pills, most doctors will write you a prescription for anything. Yes you will probably loose weight but until your mind gets the healthy life style all the weight plus more will come back when you stop the pills. You can take then forever. I also suggest you see a doctor to help you work out your emotional issues.
  • cupcakealli87
    Options
    It took me 3 weeks of no alcohol or junk food to see 2 pounds come off. BUT now, I am seeing where I am toning up and I feel better. Immediate results are not what you want.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Personally, I don't think pills are the answer. Take baby steps. Change one thing at a time. If you like to cook, make bigger portions for later meals that you can refridgerate or freeze. Change one thing for a week or two until it's natural, then chnage the next thing.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Make sure you log the alcohol and any snacking that goes along with it. You can rack up some pretty serious calories pretty quickly at a bar. Give it a chance to work, but don't expect results if you aren't making real changes.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    dont eat snacks and work out
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Been trying for about 4 months now. MFP for 20 days.

20 days in the scale of how we all put on weight, or even 4 months isn`t a long time.

What works for me is being totally honest, and I mean logging every little thing, milk in teas/coffee that little bite of something when I open the fridge while I decide what to eat for a meal.

I am not saying you are not being honest, but, check everything that you eat and drink it all adds up, and just as an add on I still have my wine to drink :-)
  • Starbuck2020
    Options
    I use to never want to work out and if I did I would stop after a few days or maybe two weeks if I ws lucky.

I have been working out almost everyday for 4 months now. I hired a personal trainer in June. I take gym classes and train on my own as well. Huge lifestyle change right here. Love getting my workouts in. I can't remember what it was like to not workout for an hour a two at least 5 days a week.

I always ate pretty healthy, I just ate too much and drank too much and had junk food when I drank too much.

I cut the drinking down so much that it is nearly non existant most weeks. That also means a lot less crappy food. My portions are good.

The simple fact of working out where there wasn't exercise before should have made a difference. The simple fact of drinking less should have made a difference. The simple fact of eating less should have made a difference.

160 days of changing habits. :(

The emotions are from emotional disorders, but the exercise and good foo has kept most of the problems in check. I just struggle with it sometimes and use the wrong methods to deal ie food and drink.

Thanks for listening at least.
  • NewMeAT33
    Options
    I am never one to respond to pity/negative posts but you really do need a reality check.

You have been only 'doing this' for a couple of weeks and admit to eating garbage and consuming an array of alcohol regularly. Your attitude is terrible and that is why you are not losing weight. People have struggled their entire lives with their weight and you expect it to fall off OVERNIGHT without doing much of anything.

Stop worrying about other people's progress and start looking at yourself.
    Diet pills are not the answer. Hopefully your doctor will talk some sense into you.
    I think you need to concentrate on one change at a time---focus on your food for 2 weeks, then add the moderate exercise.
    Get it together.
  • EdieCl
    EdieCl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was told 20 days ago that I was eating too little so I increased it and lost 2 lbs. Stuck again.
    I know I am not doing perfect, but perfect would be a couple pounds or more a week. Less than perfect should be at least half a pound a week right?

I don't know what else to do. There is emotional trouble with eating well all of the time, but I have made it so much better. :(

Perfect is not 2 or more pounds a week. We all lose it at different rates. I think 1 a week is what's recommended. Everyone's giving you great advice. Just hang in there. No one can do it but you. All the advice in the world isn't going to change your habits. You have to do it. Obviously, you have alot going on, so deal with your emotional issues. Keep track of every single food and drink you eat so you can see what's going on. Remember, you are the one in charge of your life, not your weight! (I've gotta say that I'm talking to myself here, too. I've tried to lose off and on, but have just joined this site) good luck!
  • Starbuck2020
    Options

What? haha
    I probably workout more than you do man. Thanks none the less.
  • dhurrel
    dhurrel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about that. I bought Sensa and I can tell you that it works! You can't taste it, but it feels you up quicker than you would eating alone and you don't even realize it until you stop eating. I would recommend this as everybody I know who has tried this it has worked for, good luck!
  • EdieCl
    EdieCl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am never one to respond to pity/negative posts but you really do need a reality check.

You have been only 'doing this' for a couple of weeks and admit to eating garbage and consuming an array of alcohol regularly. Your attitude is terrible and that is why you are not losing weight. People have struggled their entire lives with their weight and you expect it to fall off OVERNIGHT without doing much of anything.

Diet pills are not the answer. Hopefully your doctor will talk some sense into you.
    I think you need to concentrate on one change at a time---focus on your food for 2 weeks, then add the moderate exercise.
    Get it together.

'nuff said : )
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

What? haha
    I probably workout more than you do man. Thanks none the less.

If you post asking for some advice then you will get it, and whether you think it is negative or you choose to only take the positive it is advice none the less.

I remember going to my doctor 3 years ago complaining that I hardly ate anything and did a lot of exercise and couldn`t lose weight. He prescribed me Xenical (orlistat) I asked for a referal for lipo and tummy tuck. I went to the surgeon who told me to lose weight before he could operate.

I took a total evaluation of the way I ate and guess what, I was over eating and under exercising. Now I don`t want pills or surgery
  • Starbuck2020
    Options

Get it together.

Yea, I know it sounds pretty pathetic. I have passed the moderate exercise step. I actually eat really well, but the last few weeks have been bad. Not bad compared to pretty much everyone I know though. I mean bad when I had a hot dog instead of my usual salmon. Bad when I have regular ice cream instead of frozen greek yogurt. Bad when I have 2 beers instead of a glass of wine. I am not talking about eating McDonalds for 3 meals a day or hitting up the ol' buffet. Just to clarify...
  • Starbuck2020
    Options
    Sorry to hear about that. I bought Sensa and I can tell you that it works! You can't taste it, but it feels you up quicker than you would eating alone and you don't even realize it until you stop eating. I would recommend this as everybody I know who has tried this it has worked for, good luck!

Thank you. I really hate to use anything at all because I want to do this naturally, but I think it is time I consider outside help.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise...

Working out will never erase crappy eating.

Be honest in what you are logging, every ketchup packet and drizzle of sugar in your coffee adds up.