Fitness trackers

Options
I'm sure this topic is beat down but I'm looking for current input on fitness tracker devices. I'm interested in getting one but there are now so many I don't know which one to get. Money isn't a real hurdle.... I just can't decide which one to get... Thx for anyone's input on their opinion on different devices.

Replies

• legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Since no one responded, did you try using the search feature?
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    It might help people to respond if you give some details about what you want to track and how you want to track it. What are features that you are most interested in?
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    I have a Mio that tracks calories, heart rate, and tells you how many calories that you burn, seems to work pretty well and it's all a watch (no chest band for the HRM) the only thing that I would recommend with it is that when I'm using it as an HRM, I turn the band so the monitor is against the inside of my wriste to get a better pulse reading
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what you are looking to track? Steps, calories, movement in general, heart rate?

I use several:

1) FitBit Ultra for steps walked (pedometer) it does more, but that is it's main goal for me.
    2) Polar F7, which is a heart rate monitor w/ chest strap. It give me an accurate calorie count.
    3) Cell App called Endomondo - which is a GPS tracker for when I am outside. It tracks distance, speed, route and calories, although I don't 100% trust the calories as it's showing more now than it was last week.
    4) MFP for tracking food & such not.

BUT.... the reason I use all four - they do different things, but they can cross linked. Fitbit talks to MFP & Endo, Endo will talk w/ my Polar once I get the bluetooth adapter (grrrr), which then in turn would dump to FitBit which should talk to MFP.