green tea??

Options
2»

Replies

• mwestonp
    mwestonp Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Love green tea. I replaced my coffee consumption with green tea and drink one cup daily. I'd say give it a shot.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    worth a try. plenty of flavors. decaf and non-decaf. I prefer roobios with freshly sliced lemons. helps flush the system.
  • jpoulsen2
    jpoulsen2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love the way it tastes, so find it really helps me drink more water. tons of different flavors! sometimes the preparation of it (loose leaf tea, putting the kettle on, waiting for the tea to steep, etc) takes enough time that it keeps me away from snacking at night too!
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Green tea is amazing! I drink the one with blackberry and pomegranate. Don't drink any other kind of tea anymore because I've been told it's bad for your kidneys. But I tried green tea and fell in love with it. Especially the superfruit. Don't know if it helps with weight loss or anything though.
    I think that is only if you are prone to kidney stones
  • auria17
    auria17 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I take it in pill form, it is good for working out, and with it's antioxident properties good for the skin and longivity. If you can handle the taste it is probably better to take as a tea.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I am back to drinking it all day long... I count it towards my water for the day and have replaced the multiple cups of coffee I was drinking with it.

Actually I just bought a box of Numi Gunpowder Green Tea... it is really good.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    It makes me sick when I drink it. Wish I knew why.
  • K_Smith86
    Options
    I love green tea! I try to drink a few cups a week if I can. I usually get the flavored ones (peach being one of my favorites) because I don't care much for the taste of just plain green tea. A really good one is by GoodEarth, and it's the superfruit green tea that is pomegranate and cherry flavored. It's delicious!!! I always seem to feel better after drinking green tea. If there's a night when I can't sleep, I'll drink a cup and it helps calm me down to the point where I can fall asleep.
  • TiffanyyNicole
    Options
    Green tea is amazing! I drink the one with blackberry and pomegranate. Don't drink any other kind of tea anymore because I've been told it's bad for your kidneys. But I tried green tea and fell in love with it. Especially the superfruit. Don't know if it helps with weight loss or anything though.
    I think that is only if you are prone to kidney stones

I had a bad kidney infection and was put in the hospital. Tea is one of the things I wasn't allowed to drink. So now I drink decaf green tea. And rarely drink any other kind
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    From what I have read online it really helps you if you can drink 1-2 cups a day. I drink probably closer to 5 because I like the taste and it contributes to my water intake. I'm not sure if it helps with loss but I have been thinking of trying the pills.

As for the kidney problems I think that is due to the caffeine, which green tea is naturally low in but you can get caffeine free. Regular black tea (like we southerners drink constantly iced) is very high in caffeine. I was told to cut that out when I was having alot of problems with my kidneys.
  • erobinson90
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your opinions. They were very interesting and helpful.
    But I have come to the conclusion... THAT I am going to drink more green tea!
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I really like Jasmine green tea. :) It's yummy. :)
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I prefer to do lose teas... But Trader Joe's sells this BOMB Green Jasmine tea that is really, really good. Steep (not sure if I spelt that right) for about 3 minutes, then add 1/2 a packet to 1 full packet of splenda... and you're good to go. It's awesome. Reminds me of when my husband takes me to this fantastic little Mongolian BBQ place in Pasadena. We always get their jasmine tea after we eat there.

Also, when I feel like I'm catching a cold - I'll do the powdered matcha green tea. It's totally potent stuff; not for the faint of heart. But when I feel like i'm coming down with something, i'll drink that (teaspoon full to a mug of hot water) and take extra vitamin-c and some Emergen-C's or airborne's and usually either the cold is really short or I'm able to hit that thing so hard that I ward off the cold all together.

MMMmMMmm... green tea is good :)