What to wear...

Options
chrissyh
chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
I am looking at buying some better winter running clothes. I've heard the mizuno breath stuff is good but I just can't find it in my size and they don't have anything pink! I've found a pink cold weather Nike running hoodie...has built in mittens too...reviews on it are great.....my question....if I am wanting to invest in cold weather gear am I better to buy a jacket that's wind and rain proof or would the hoodie style be ok? I have a thin wind jacket that I can layer over the hoodie......

Replies

• LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    If you have a wind type jacket to throw over the top of the nike hoodie, I'd do that b/c layering is always good b/c you never know how warm you'll get. Also, I wouldn't invest in a rain/wind breaker if I already had something similiar, but that's just me. I love shopping for running clothes!! Such good stuff out there! Good luck!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    The layer I have is wind and water resistant not totally water proof....I figure worse case if it were raining on a race day I could whip out a disposable poncho
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    What I have are:

Fila long boot cut pants
    Running style long underwear (kind of like warm spandex pants for windy days)
    Wicking full body bra
    Wicking long sleeve shirt
    Microfleece (tight woven)
    Thin wind/rain jacket
    Microfleece with a wind proof cover ear band (my head gets to hot with a hat)
    Thin glove liners
    Double Layer socks

I find that with this combination I can mix it up to run in snow, rain and temperatures as cold as in the teens. When it is below freezing I also use a fleece collar that goes around my neck that I can put over my mouth so that it doesn't feel like my lungs are frozen.

Happy running.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I may hold off I have most of this stuff I just need to layer up!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    What I wore...start of run windchill of 20 finished at windchill of 30 with actual of 35...

Nike Therma running gloves and hat
    Champion Running Tights
    UnderArmour Pants
    2 pairs of socks
    underarmour wicking underwear
    underarmour cami type tank
    Nike dri fit long sleeve shirt
    Nike dri fit 1/4 zip running shirt
    all the above is wicking materials
    UA Fleece
    UA Fleece Scarf
    Asics wind jacket

took the wind jacket off half way thru
    was TOASTY! Could have run in 10 degrees colder no problem!