Here we go again.

melissamullen08
melissamullen08 Posts: 5
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, my name is Melissa and I am on my umpteenth attempt to lose this extra 40 pounds I have been hauling around. I am 27 years old. I have been on this site for a while but have only been serious about it since the new year. I am feeling a little down today because I have been running/jogging on the treadmill every day since Jan 1st for 30 plus minutes, drinking my water, and staying within my calorie range, but I weigh the same. I know it has only been a few days, but usually when I begin a diet I take off about 5 pounds in the first week. Maybe I will stop eating the exercise calories I earn and see if that helps.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Try giving what you are doing now a week or two, if you don't take any weight off by then, then change it up, give it a chance first.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Did you take your measurments? I do not go by the scale anymore. When I started working out with my trainer she told me to stay off of the scale. After three months of working out with her we took my measurments to compare to the first ones. I went down 23 inches and lost 10% body fat. But when I stepped on the scale I didn't lose any weight. So I am a true believer that measuring is the way to go. Do not depend on the scale.
  • Thanks for the replies. Maybe I will add the tape measure to my routine. I guess I will just have to keep at it, because I know what happens if I don't!
  • Hola! My name is stacy. I have a hefty goal to lose 30 lbs by this summer. My task is to make the gym a daily routine and cut out alcohol to reach the goal... it's been a challenge to do that the past few years, but i have 4 weddings to attend this summer and i want to feel and look good! wish me luck! any encouragement is appreciated!
  • Stacy, I am right there with you! I want to lose 40 by September for an anniversary trip to Hawaii. It will be difficult, but you can do it! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.