This seems to be a reoccuring problem... I think?

Options
Hey guys, so it seems I barely ever hit my goal on any of my intakes (I think knowing that I have to track makes me watch what I eat too much because I am quite the binger!), but sometimes even if I don't hit my calorie intake I go over my proteins. I guess my real question is, is it okay to go over certain categories, such as proteins for me, as long as I don't go over my calories? Because I haven't even eaten dinner yet today and am already at -7 for my protein intake (with over 600 calories to go!). Granted I am going to workout, and that will bring my proteins to a 0, buuut then I still have dinner, and more calories to consume. Is this okay.. to go over my allotted proteins? Thank you!!

Replies

• ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's totally fine. Many (most?) posters here I think would agree that the protein percentages set by MFP are a bit low actually. You can set them higher manually if you think that's appropriate for you. If you are exercising, you may need a bit more than the automated system gives you.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is. I don't let the proteins bother me even though thar red number is obnoxious! The others do however. Just not the proteins.:wink:
  • stephaniern21
    Options
    Okay great.. thank you both so much! I would change my numbers but I have no idea what the numbers "should" be correctly set to, sooo I'll just make sure to not look towards the right side of the screen at my proteins :-P
  • misfitswayoflife
    misfitswayoflife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I always go over my proteins and vitamins. I try to not worry about them unless its fat, carbs, cholesterol or sugar. But the red number is kind of discouraging..
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Yep, as long as your "in the ballpark" more often than not you'll be fine.

On a side note, MFP's protein default is really low. So if you're still using that, it's actually good to go over it... double it in fact.
  • stephaniern21
    Options
    Doubling is actually about where I am... thanks guys, makes me feel better about that red number! lol