1 Year on Weight Watchers :)

Options
I am proud to say I am officially 1 year on weight watchers and still finding success!! A year and a day ago I was very depressed, having chronic daily migraines (taking multiple medications for both of these issues), severely obese, and just a generally unhappy person weighing in at 350lbs at only 25 years of age, with 2 small children under the age of 5; and unable to have any more due to my weight I had developed PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). When I wasn't working I was hiding from everything and everyone. It wasn't fun to go shopping, or on family outings because I couldn't really participate due to my size. At that time I was so large I couldn't/wouldn't wear jeans, the only size I owned was size 28 and they dug in so deep I couldn't breathe, and I was in general discomfort no matter what I wore. My only semi-comfy clothes were my scrubs I could wear to work: size 4x (needing 5x) tops, and 3x (needing 4x) bottoms. My favorite pass time was eating in front of the tv while playing farmville/frontierville on fb, which is how I spent every moment of every day when I wasn't working; I was tuned out of my life. It's embarrassing to look back and see how lacking as a wife, mother, person I was and know that I thought it was ok at the time. I cannot pin point the exact change, thought, or moment when i decided to change my life and the way I lived it, all I really know is that I was ready to do something and not give up. I had no will power, it was just my mind set; my mind was made up I was going to eat healthy and exercise that was the only way I could do it, there was no simple fix or quick answer solution to fix it. I ate myself that way I had to eat myself back and that meant a lot of sacrifice, hard work, and dedication; and I can say a year later it works! I knew I needed a way to manage everything I had to do, and to monitor what I ate and how I exercised; I started out on spark people, but it was tracked by calories and I found that I wasn't allowing myself to eat very much or very healthily because I was afraid to eat too many calories and thats when I discussed WW's with a few coworkers and that weekend I went online and signed up. I do know in the beginning I did watch a lot of documentaries that helped me stick to my current eating habits: Super size me, Food, inc., food matters, fat sick & nearly dead, forks over knives, etc. and even still i am making changes to my diet. People tell me I'm crazy because I know I can now smell better and food tastes better; I would take an organic apple over chocolate cake any day! So a year out now I am down 142.8lbs currently weighing in at 207.2lbs and still another 57.2lbs until I reach my goal weight. My current jeans size is 12/14 (hard to say depends on the store) I can wear Large in Juniors :). my current scrub size Large top (due to my breast size lol) and medium scrup pants. I have lost 28 inches around my waist, 21.5 inches around my hips, 13 inches around my breasts, 12 inches off my thighs, and 10 inches off my arms. If there was one thing I would want to say to someone just starting out it would be to never give up, it is hard no doubt about it, but you are worth everything you put into your weight loss journey, and you deserve to be a happy, healthier version of you! You will have those days where you cannot see the end of it or you might cheat and feel what's the point; well you are the point, and you are the reason you work so hard, never give up just keep moving forward; it gets easier every day and you will see rewards weekly when you stick to the plan! Trust in yourself, and know that every difficult encounter you come across will only get you that much closer to your goals :)

Replies

• 2befit155
    Options
    Thank you for posting. You have showed me it will take hard and dedication to lose the 100 pounds I have to lose. You also showed me I can do it the way I want to do.
  • allison_ortiz
    allison_ortiz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I would post comparison pics but I am at work and cannot get on photobucket right now but if you click on my profile pic I have multiple comparison pics on my page :)

If anyone ever needs someone to talk to thats been there...shoot me a msg I am always willing to lend a helping hand :)
  • wanda9501
    Options
    Wow, this just made my day! Congratulations, can't wait until the day I can write a post like this.
  • kaitiebeth89
    kaitiebeth89 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I've been on ww since April and have lost about 55 lbs :)
  • heaterrr
    heaterrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    What a great inspirational story. Thanks so much for sharing! and I looked at your pics and you look amazing!!! Congrats to a healthier you!
  • kanittaj
    kanittaj Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!
    How does WW compare to MFP?
  • gekcsk
    gekcsk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are. Thank you for posting. I too am a WW member (life time) so I know where you are comig from. Unfortunately about 20 pounds have creeped back on and I am trying to get them back off. It is a journey well worth the struggle though. Your story motivates me to keep working at it and never give up. THANK YOU!
  • hbaby2
    hbaby2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Huge congrats to you and good luck on the next 50! You can do this!!!
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Very inspirational! You must be so proud of yourself. :smile:
  • allison_ortiz
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!

Honestly, they both keep you honest. I don't go to the meetings I just do the online system, which is about the same as MFP only they do daily plus points system instead of calories, but other then that they are about the same tracking wise. I really love ♥ WW's tho, and I will keep paying the $19 a month to use the system until I am at my goal weight. :wink:
  • sealea4
    Options
    Congrats on your Hard Work! You look 10 Years younger!
  • ccsick
    ccsick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Your words are very inspiring. I had 65 pounds to lose, I have lost about 1/2, the struggle gets harder as you lose, but I'm worth it and so are you and anybody else reading this. We'll all do it together. That makes it easier, knowing others share your struggles, it makes it hard to not feel like an island when you don't have others to uplift and support.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! Keep up the great work!
  • changeahead22
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm also a fellow WW. I made my year mark in July. Currently I'm down 67 lbs. Sometimes you go up, sometimes you go down and other weeks you stay the same, but if you keep at it you'll get there. Keep up the good work!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    What a great story of success. You are proof that hard work and determination do pay off. Keep up the great work and you will reach your goal.
  • allison_ortiz
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement, I know I will get there and it will take time; I've been at this a year and I have lost so much weight somedays its overwhelming to think how far I've actually come and to know I have a lot still to lose. I look at other peoples successes and see that they've lost about how much I have left to lose (57.2lbs) and think I've lost that twice already almost 3 times am I really going to be able to lose another 60lbs?

But, I post to keep myself grounded, and committed, and also in the hope that many others who are just starting out and have 200lbs to lose like I did in the beginning and will see it is possible, and choose to make great choices for themselves. This is not a diet it is a life change, and thats the mind set we really need to stay committed to achieve our goals. I cannot wait to post a maintenance post at my goal weight!

All of your comments are so inspiring to me, they really keep me motivated as well! so Thank you all :)
  • Masonless
    Masonless Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Your story amazes me. So, so, so proud of you and your accomplishments. Keep going to reach your goal. You are almost there!
    Blessings,
    Christy
  • starryk
    Options
    I'm just trying to decide if I add WW to MFP... after reading your storey... I think its a good plan.

CONGRATS with your loss!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!

WW$$$$$$$$$$$$$

MFPFREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!