how to stop striving for perfection?

Options
2»

Replies

• Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I can be like that too. I think you just have to step back and think what's really going to make you happy in life.

I get obsessive about calories and exercise and get upset if I eat over my calories or don't have time exercise. But my boyfriend always tells me me there's more to life and being happy is more important. You're going to get older, hopefully have children, your body is always going to be changing in your journey through life so you have to accept your imperfections and 'trouble zones' as short of expensive surgery there's not you can do to change.

Easier said then done though!! Good luck.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I can be like that too. I think you just have to step back and think what's really going to make you happy in life.

I get obsessive about calories and exercise and get upset if I eat over my calories or don't have time exercise. But my boyfriend always tells me me there's more to life and being happy is more important. You're going to get older, hopefully have children, your body is always going to be changing in your journey through life so you have to accept your imperfections and 'trouble zones' as short of expensive surgery there's not you can do to change.

Easier said then done though!! Good luck.

Thanks, I think I'm gonna need it.
    Good luck to you too =)
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    Bump