Moms who are roughly at goal weight...?

Options
How does your stomach look, are you happy with it?

I weigh what I want to and have even dropped a pants size since exercising and eating right, but my stomach is still so squishy and flabbers looking. It doesn't look bad when I'm standing, but when I sit or lean over it's just not pretty. Anyone else? I don't know if it's something that can be fixed really, do I just accept it as the new norm?

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Options
    Bump
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I just posted a similar thread, we must be thinking the same thing! Lol. Mine is the same way, but I blame it mostly on being overweight for quite a while + having a lot of stretch marks. From what I hear, it will get better as your weight goes down and as you work to strengthen ALL of the abdominal muscles and your back. Another poster suggested the "Ab Diet"; I haven't looked in to it yet but thought I'd pass her information along. I am only about 8-10lbs. (haven't decided yet, haha) from my goal weight and one size from my goal size so I would say I'm close enough.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm closing in on my goal weight (5 1/2 pounds to go), and am fairly happy with my stomach. I've noticed in the last 6 weeks the skin on my lower abs really starting to tighten up, and can see the progress week by week. Carefully watch people in videos or at the gym when they are planking or doing something similar - everyone's stomach pooches out a bit in that position.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I am very close to my goal weight, but I still have a stomach I hate. I have considered losing more weight, but I fear I will lose more everywhere else where I DONT Need to lose more (my face, wrists, neck, etc. can't get any smaller or I may look ill).

That all being said, I have one problem some don't have. I had full term twins via csection!!!! So not only do I carry alot of extra skin, my ab muscles have also seperated, and well, I won't start about the 2 inch thick stretch marks.

So I am trying to accept the fact I will have a gross tummy unless I get a tummy tuck and abs repair. I am still trying to get it back into shape and I can see alot of difference but I don't think I will ever be bikini material.

Good luck to everyone.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Well, my abs are pretty hard and I do have a 6 pack, but it's covered with some extra wrinkly skin. Seeing as how it's been 4 years i don't think it will ever go away.
  • SASSYnCHICago
    SASSYnCHICago Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am/was at my goal weight, and now I am going to concentrate on my abs- actually more of my love handles. I think it's totally possible but diet is the key for great abs - not sits ups as many people think.
    I think swimming and running really helped me a lot. I did loss over 3 inches already in my waist, and would like to reduce it another 1.5 or 2 inches.
    I did have a c-section and have some scare tissue,(my little shelve as I like to call it ) but it is most noticeable to me, it really has reduced with the weight loss.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    yes, but that being said, the last time I gave birth was over 9 years ago and I've been working out the entire time.
  • srpthlgy
    Options
    I still have extra skin and stretch marks that I don't expect to ever go away. I can feel the muscles underneath and they're very firm, but my stomach still isn't very pretty.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am happy with my stomach. Our belly skin was stretched way out, so it lost elasticity. I had accepted that there will be sagging of the skin when I am sitting and bending over. The sagginess had decreased over time, but I don't think it will ever be gone 100%.