To: All the (WOW) Gamers on MFP

Options
MISTS GOES LIVE IN 6 HOURS! What are your plans? How will this affect your diet/workout program? Are you hopeful, or are you prepared for another let down like Cata?

My plans: stay up all night, wow until the servers crash, go to the gym while they are down, come home, rinse, repeat.

Filled my house with quick easy healthy snacks for the next few days.

PM me for my real id if you're interested.

Replies

• legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    How'd it go? Were you let down?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I play(ed) . I will try logging in tonight. No way in hell I was staying up till 3AM to try and play last night.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    Ok.. taking advantage of this! Don't hate!

Anyone looking for a raiding guild >__>
    We are looking for peeps!

Let me know if you are interested.

<Twisted Sanity>
    Server: Dentarg
    Raids: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9EST to 12Mid.

○ WoW is more than just grinding, and <Twisted Sanity > knows that! Join us for squirrel discussions, scavenger hunts, sleepovers, BASE jumping and more! PST for info.

○ Squirrel worship. Frank discussions about gnome psychology. Suicide charges into The Undercity. An alt-a-holic meeting on Thursday nights. <Twisted Sanity > knows how to get you to 200 days /played without losing your sanity. PST for info!

○ Do you miss having fun in WoW? Need a guild that’s your friends, support group, mommy AND crazy uncle Joe all in one? Join <Twisted Sanity > and see what you’re missing! PST for info.

○ <Twisted Sanity> offers ALL the BEST features: *Cool green “guild chat” font colors, *Free demotions, *Penguin Ninjas, *Sandcastle HQ, *Guild bankruptcy, *Canadian gnomes , *Gnomes, *1/2 price flasks for raiding *All the [Goretusk Liver] you can eat, *And so much more! Well, nothing more.

○ Van Cleef annihilated us. Gnomer gave us night terrors. Our bones line the walls of Scarlet Monestary. Our ghosts help serve Moroes in Kara. And zoning into Zul’Aman killed us immediately. <Twisted Sanity > – We wipe with *style*. PST to join today!

○ So, I had this dream last night, right? There was a pygmy circus clown, a demon-possessed bunny rabbit and Chester A. Arthur, all chanting “Join <Twisted Sanity>!” Then I woke up, drenched in sweat and clutching a [Rabbit Foot]. I think it’s a sign.

○ Are you bored with not dying all the time? Then join <Twisted Sanity >, and find yourself so engrossed in guild chat that you’ll be running off cliffs and pulling 20 mobs at once in no time! <TS> is recommended by 4 out of 5 Spirit Healers.

○ Lost? Confused? Lonely? Constipated? Twitterpated? Giggly? Hurt? Crazy? Boggled? Excitable? Bumfuzzled? Hungry? Kidnapped? Sweet-smelling? <Twisted Sanity>: The guild for every state of mind. PST for more info!

○ Are you afraid of guild drama? Guildies with contagious diseases the doctors have yet to identify? Raid looting rules so complex that IRS agents run screaming for the hills? Then <Twisted Sanity> and our relaxed, mature guild might be for you!

○ Are you: * friendly * slightly crazy, but in a good way * an altaholic * looking for a WoW experience beyond the grind * prone to falling off cliffs * mature, and * dead sexy? Join <Twisted Sanity > and find your perfect fit!

○ We raid Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Times subject to be reviewed for MoP!

○ Several of us have been raiding together for close to 6 years. Come enjoy being part of this guild! Members must share our common goal. First and foremost we want to stress that this is not a guild for your alt. We are a guild focused on defeating the most difficult encounters in the game. We work as a team to reach our goals and when we raid, we are working as one well-oiled machine, rather than a group of people working for their own benefit. If your primary focus in the high-end game is to acquire loot, then we are not the right guild for you. We consider loot to be a byproduct of our goals, which is to progress as a guild, crush endgame content and have fun while doing it. We are looking for players who are tired of not quite getting there, and would like to experience the top tier content that MoP has to offer!

Battletag# Moonrah#1110

Or send me a message here on MFP for more info!

You teach me and I'll teach you
    Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all
  • dckennedy22
    Options
    This will be the first expansion I haven't bought straight away. Which actually makes me kinda happy in a way.

Cata just... made me cry :sad: . The Theramore cross-over event left me thinking, "Wait... What? That's it? Did I miss something?"

Also I've been seeing other MMOs.... I'm sure we can still be friends though. Probably pick it up in a couple of months once things settle down. Interested in these scenarios and challenge modes they're adding, but Cata is so hard to forget...
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    bump >.>
  • dckennedy22
    Options
    bump >.>

No shame at all... :laugh: :wink:
  • randomgirlusa
    randomgirlusa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I bought MOP about a month ago. Will play tonight after work... if the servers are up. Turtle... from the sound of your post, you must be alliance. Who hangs out in Undercity? You call that a suicide mission? Who's attacking you, NPC's??

:P
  • Blaqheart
    Options
    Def a bump!! Thanks for offer, but is it good only for now or can I take it later??? Just now going back to work and havn't gotten exp yet. Also havn't played since Cata and I'm a vanilla Vet to boot. :flowerforyou:
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm interested but as my wife and i quit wow about 6 mos after lich king....i'm not much caring. We play F2P MMOs now. Mostly because we've got 3 kids and if they want to play on their own accounts as they get older....i'm buying 3-5 coppies of a game and 3-5 subscriptions...can't afford it. Kinda miss wow, but not enough to go back to it now.
  • randomgirlusa
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not too happy about paying that wow sub fee again after playing gw2 for FREE the last couple months. WOW is my first love, but get with the times blizz... please!
    I'm interested but as my wife and i quit wow about 6 mos after lich king....i'm not much caring. We play F2P MMOs now. Mostly because we've got 3 kids and if they want to play on their own accounts as they get older....i'm buying 3-5 coppies of a game and 3-5 subscriptions...can't afford it. Kinda miss wow, but not enough to go back to it now.
  • Blaqheart
    Options
    I bought MOP about a month ago. Will play tonight after work... if the servers are up. Turtle... from the sound of your post, you must be alliance. Who hangs out in Undercity? You call that a suicide mission? Who's attacking you, NPC's??

:P

Well I actually did hang out in UC. I'm Horde and Vanilla Vet. I left shortly after Cata Exp.
  • randomgirlusa
    Options
    Blaqheart - aww, i'm just teasing anyway :)
  • dckennedy22
    Options
    Walking into any city with /2 turned on is pretty close to suicide inducing :wink:
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    bump >.>

No shame at all... :laugh: :wink:

I need peoples!!!!
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    I played from about 3 to 5:30. While it was laggy (expected) I loved it. Herbing's already at 560. Things are spawning fairly quick. I find that my BIGGEST problem, say after about 5:00, was the spawn rate. With population dying down, things were spawning TOOO fast for the lack of competition. OK... (SORRY FOR MINOR SPOILERS) There is some technical difficulty, all of it too many people based at this point) IF you get stuck in the 5 MILLION helicopters, /reloadui or /loadui (I forget with, sorry) It pans the camera out so you can see something other than 5K choppers!

I'm enjoying it. Probably will go to the gym when the kids all get off school today. (edit) not MY kids..wowkids
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not too happy about paying that wow sub fee again after playing gw2 for FREE the last couple months. WOW is my first love, but get with the times blizz... please!

We play forsaken world right now....we'll probably look for a new one soon. I'm an old EQ junkie...i even hav project 1999 on my desktop still :). Can't get enough EQ...if it just had a few more quests :).
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    Side note: if you herb golden lotus.. SAVE IT.. its rare, and needed, and worth LOTS on the AH.
  • randomgirlusa
    Options
    I'll have to do it on my alt.... switched my main to mining and engineering. Thanks for the tip!
  • ncseric
    ncseric Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to it, already have digital deluxe edition and bought soundtrack this morning. Logged into my main to let him start gaining rested XP (need to do with all your alts who are max level, btw.) and did some profession and pet training before work.
  • Blaqheart
    Options
    Blaqheart - aww, i'm just teasing anyway :)

yeah I know :)

I'm just not sure about MOP. TBC HUGE letdown, WOLK great, and then came Cata well what is to say about Cata? Spent most of the opening night TRYING to download. Playing?? Um NOOOOO! Servers were so full nothing could be done. sad we were assured that as soon as it went live we could download and play. Not so much. Ended up not playing until 2 days later. Absolutely not impressed. I hung in there and tried to keep it together. I was the last one to walk from the guild. It folded because no one wanted to stay due to Cata.

Hmmm MOP... This remains to be seen if hit or yet another flop. Not crazy about panda char.

I'm prob gonna wait on this MOP thing if I decide to come back. Still disappointed with Cata. Just not worth all the time invested into it.

Why oh why couldn't they just leave us alone and let us play like we did in vanilla days??? Yes old school when guilds were guilds and raids kicked your *kitten* seriously - the 40 people raiding that took weeks not a few hours. When a Hunter was a tank knocking off lvl 60s when you're lvl 40. Tank BG with a Lock? Oh you bet! All before the nerfing. Yeah those are the days I miss.