Motivation?

Options
So I typically eat alright, but finding the motivation to work out is SO HARD for me. I'll get started, do 20 push-ups, then just lie on the floor for 30 minutes and call it a day. I just get really bored, never know what to do, too tired from work, blah blah blah. Basically I will find every excuse before I can get a good workout.
I've been thinking about going to the gym because if I'm there, I know I'll actually work out for a couple of hours, but at the same time, I'd probably still just revert to cardio because I have no idea what to do with weights. My goal right now is to get a little stronger and tone everything, so I need to do some strength training, not just cardio. Also, work keeps me pretty busy and I'm not sure how often I'd take advantage of the gym, so I'm a little hesitant to pay for a membership and not use it adequately.
Right now I'm talking to a friend about getting together with him and working out. He knows more than I do (which isn't saying much) and I think he can help me, but I know he won't be available for me all the time.
What do you all suggest I do? What motivates you?

Replies

• snowfox1
    snowfox1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i felt the same way and joined a gym that wasnt too expensive and one i felt comfortable in, go have a look in a few diff ones maybe. Most gyms will offer at least one free personal training session to get you on your way, i find going to the gym really motivates me and kind of even enjoy it now ;)
  • gsaurett
    gsaurett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Being outside always motivates me. I run every other day and am dreading when the cold weather kicks in. Even walking as a reward for doing core work/weight training helps. Need fresh air.