Need help - not eating enough + therefore not losing weight!

Options
Hey all,
Long story short, I was chubby for most of my childhood and gained 100+ lbs when I hit puberty due to PCOS and the start of my binge eat disorder. Bingeing continued through most of my teenage years and I have finally managed to get it under control in the last few years. Due to my incredibly busy lifestyle, since I was about 15 I have screwed up my metabolism through my terrible eating patterns. I usually only ate once a day (whenever I got home late in the evening), going 8-16 hours daily without food.

The last several months, I have been working hard to eat 3x daily and eat enough but I'm not seeing results. I need to lose 180lbs but have plateaued for the last month, partially, because I don't think I'm eating enough daily (bouncing all over, but averaging around 1200 calories). MFP sets my caloric intake of 1750 to lose 2lbs a week on a sedentary lifestyle with no exercise (severe health problems keeping me from exercising right now) and I'm not reaching that.

I desperately need to lose at least 100lbs ASAP - if anyone has any advice or help, I would be grateful beyond words!!
Thanks everyone in advance,
Lissa

PS - I'm Celiac so I'm on a strictly gluten free diet and a carb addict meaning I've avoided a lot of carbs so far.

Replies

• mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    wow... okay well try the atkins form of diet.. but can still track on mfp and calories/fat... and eat HIGHER fat.. cuz if your eating way way low carbs.. then you NEED some fat.. so bacon/eggs/ sausage/avacado... (definetly add up in calories) go to trader joes or lassens or whole foods and find gluten free items /treats.. things you can have... you def want over 1200 cals a day if you have 180 pounds to loose!!!! dot starve your body.. try to also eat 4-5 times a day!!! and maybe some light walking if/when you can..
    i hope you start loosing again!!!!
  • medafoe
    Options
    wow... okay well try the atkins form of diet.. but can still track on mfp and calories/fat... and eat HIGHER fat.. cuz if your eating way way low carbs.. then you NEED some fat.. so bacon/eggs/ sausage/avacado... (definetly add up in calories) go to trader joes or lassens or whole foods and find gluten free items /treats.. things you can have... you def want over 1200 cals a day if you have 180 pounds to loose!!!! dot starve your body.. try to also eat 4-5 times a day!!! and maybe some light walking if/when you can..
    i hope you start loosing again!!!!

Thanks for the advice but I'm still really confused! How is eating more fat going to help? I have been weight lean protein, fruits and vegetables to add up to around 1500 cals a day (and I'm forcing myself to eat) and I have gained 3lbs as of this morning. How does that even work?! :( very discouraged right now, any more advice would be great