Question for Polar HRM users..

Options
Lisa0711
Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
I have a F11 Polar HRM. I got it in August. It's been working pretty well but the last 2 months it's been showing readings of 00-18% MHR when I'm working out hard, and it'll stay at that reading for a minute or longer and again several times during my workouts! I know it's messing my calorie count up because of that. I don't know what's wrong with it and hope someone has a solution or advice. I wouldn't think it's the battery... as the watch is fairly new. And I always make sure to wet the chest strap before I workout. Obviously, this is very frusterating to me! Normally when it's working properly I'll burn 500 calories in under an hour, and today I worked out hard and it took an hour and a half to reach 500calories! Anyone know what's wrong with the thing?!?!

Thanks,
Lisa

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Do you need a new battery?
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I was having problems with my polar and they told me to wash the strap in the washing machine in a little bag. The leads can get really dirty. If you don't have a bag they suggest mild soap. I use baby soap in the sink.

See if that helps.
  • LadyV
    LadyV Posts: 21
    Options
    I would try both the above suggestions and if that doesn't work Polar. Let us know what works. I have a new Polar F6 that I got for Christmas and it will help give me a heads up if I have the same problem.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Well, a few things come to mind. Yeah the battery is one possibility, but another could be the transmission. I know where I work out there's electrical equipment near by, and if I work out in one specific spot, it plays havoc with my HRM. I would check and see if it's always happening in one area, if it is, then you may have some electrical "noise" getting in the way. If it happens in different locations, I would say it's either a battery issue or a contact issue, either way, it should be covered under the warranty.
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    does the little flashing heart stop as well? I keep mine on heart beat mode and sometimes reports a 00 or an over 200 (!!), it usually just needs a little adjusting on my body, tightening mostly. Also wet the part of the sensor that touches your skin before putting the strap on, it helps a lot.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I thought about the interference thing, but I work out in several different places, the basement, living room, everywhere! It does the same in them all. But when it's reading 00% it will still show the little heart beat going. That threw me a little.
    I washed the strap yesterday. I forgot that it's been a little while since I've done that. Hopefully that will fix the problem. I'll post about it either way.

Thanks for the help!