Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

TODAY IS THE DAY!

romanling
romanling Posts: 2
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I'm a wife and mother of two. I swear it seems I have had a weight problem all my life. I remember being in HS and thinking to myself that I was pretty big and now I WISH I could be my HS weight so that's what I'm setting my goal as. I want to lose 40 pds and keep it off. I've done it once before but sure enough gained the weight back once I stopped working out and stopped eatting well. I guess you can say I went through a depression. My weight has gone up and down up and down these last few years and I'm sick of it. I want it down and stay down.
My husband got injured overseas and I know that has a big part on my weight gain. I've been living next to a hopital over a year now and my intake of calories have sky rocket. Not eating hospital food but eating all the lovely resturants around the lovely DC area. Food became my friend when I was down. And now I stand here today to find other friends than food to help motivate me into the body I want and deserve!

Replies

• Hello, I'm a wife and mother of two. I swear it seems I have had a weight problem all my life. I remember being in HS and thinking to myself that I was pretty big and now I WISH I could be my HS weight so that's what I'm setting my goal as. I want to lose 40 pds and keep it off. I've done it once before but sure enough gained the weight back once I stopped working out and stopped eatting well. I guess you can say I went through a depression. My weight has gone up and down up and down these last few years and I'm sick of it. I want it down and stay down.
    My husband got injured overseas and I know that has a big part on my weight gain. I've been living next to a hopital over a year now and my intake of calories have sky rocket. Not eating hospital food but eating all the lovely resturants around the lovely DC area. Food became my friend when I was down. And now I stand here today to find other friends than food to help motivate me into the body I want and deserve!
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    You will find many friends here. Good luck were here 4 U.:smile:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Welcome! Sorry to hear about your dh - hope he is improving! You will enjoy it around here!!
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    welcome!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • OMG! DC Food! Incredible! It's like NYC -- the best of every culture, ethnic, nationality, region.......... oh-h-h! Difficult NOT to eat in that city under the best of situations..

Good Luck to you and your husband. Prayers for you both (my son's Marine).

• skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Hi...and:flowerforyou: .......Welcome I am sorry to hear your husband was injured. I hope he is recovering well. :flowerforyou: This is a nice site. I have only started about a week and a half ago, and the people on MFP are very kind and help in any way they can. I wish you complete success.:smile:
This discussion has been closed.