Subway... healthy fast food?

2»

Replies

• jenshoeee
    jenshoeee Posts: 29 Member
    I eat Subway a couple days a week. I sometimes take everything off and put it on a wheat pita. No matter what bread you get there, it isn't very good for you. I stick with oven roasted chicken breast, lots of veggies, very little shredded cheese and a little sweet onion sauce, for taste.
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    don't kid yourselves with the flatbread, it is a worse option than even the plain white italian, let alone the whole wheat.
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    I eat there when I'm in a bind, but I never get meat because it's so processed and high in sodium! Holy bloat batman.
    The veggie delite on wheat, with a little fat free ranch is my usual.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    If you go in with a plan, it's better than most. I definitely wouldn't call it "healthy," though, maybe more like "the best of the currently available options."

I like that they have their nutritional brochures right there - spent one lunch with my older daughter, showing her how to figure out what she was eating and why I said she couldn't have a cookie. (One cookie has over half the calories as the sub we get - and it's all sugar and fat.) Ok, her response was "so next time I can just get two cookies, right?" but that's just because she enjoys messing with me.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    I love the turkey melt but they are high in sodium so I only eat there maybe once during the week if I eat out due to the sodium
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    It is tasty, but not necessarily any healthier than any other fast food. The only good part is it usually has less grease.