Finally Turning Over That New Leaf!

Options
Hello, all! I just wanted to put a note out there to introduce myself and say hello.

It is interesting that my sudden desire to find a resource that tracks your caloric intake and usage should coincide with the new year. I never made resolutions before ... but this year appears to be the exception.

I started out on January 2, and truth be told, it was not a pretty sight. I ate like normal, just to set a baseline for myself, and I overshot my target by 100%. Talk about a wakeup call! So ... I've been dragging it downward gradually each day so that I don't shock my system. Also, I'm a nursing mom, so I have to be careful to allow a few extra calories for that and to be sure to get what I need so my daughter and I don't suffer from that. It's like walking a tightrope!

Anyway, I'm so glad you all are here. I hadn't ever thought about a weight loss message board, but I'm sure glad someone else did.

Good luck to all of us in 2010 and beyond!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    To account for nursing you can add it in as exercise under cardio and it will automatically give you the extra calories for the day.
  • JoysNewLeaf
    JoysNewLeaf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's exactly what I did! It looks silly because it looks like every day I nurse for 1 minute and burn 300 calories ... but it gets the job done.

Thanks, erickirb!