NSV - ran my first half marathon!

Options
In the beginning of January, I decided that I wanted to run. I had never run previously, and was never very athletic, so as a consequence I could only run about half a mile. A very slow half a mile. But I stuck with it, even though I hated it in the beginning. But as an MFP friend had told me, there wasn't really any "secret" to running...it was all about dedication, determination, and patience. So I stuck with it. And as the weeks went by I discovered I hated it a little less. And then all of a sudden I started looking forward to my runs. And then I felt like I NEEDED my runs. And that led me to where I found myself this past Saturday...at the starting line of my first half marathon. I truly now believe that we all have the ability to achieve what we set our minds to do; the fact that I ran 13.1 miles is certainly proof of that!

Replies

• barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You did it!!! You are a ROCK STAR!!!! WOOT!!!!!
  • MndaLynn
    MndaLynn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo for you!! Congrats on your success! I did two miles tonight without stopping. I couldn't run 1/4 of a mile without wanting to die before. You are such an inspiration...and your stories always motivate me! I'm still looking to do my first 5K. If you can do 13 miles...I can do 3! :)
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am training for my first half - love knowing that even a non-runner can become a runner with a little determination.
  • mtbke5
    mtbke5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You did awesome and I'm so happy for you. With all that you went through and the injury you rocked it and should be extremely proud of yourself!
  • skinnynerd
    Options
    Congrats! You rocked your first marathon!
  • jtslim42
    Options
    You ROCK!!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is amazing! What was your time?
  • luvmypwds
    Options
    Yay you!! Congrats!