Breaking the cycle

hopn2it
hopn2it Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I am very new here, but not to trying to lose weight. I work for a national snack cake co. I eat the stuff from my delivery truck only because it's there in front of me not because I want it. To me it's like putting an alcoholic in a bar saying serve the drinks just don't drink any. It can't be done!! I take a good healthy lunch everyday but I can't stay away from the sweets. So I guess I just try. I putt forward this half a_ _ effort to fool everyone. Oh ya I'm watching what I am eating, I'm not eating anything off my truck, BLAH,BLAH,BLAH. I watch the Biggest loser to get insired and I don't I feel inspired. Am I fooling myself? I feel like it's a hopeless cause. I have to find some inspiration and BREAK THIS CYCLE!! I have a great wife and two - 2yr grandkids. But the bottom line is I HAVE TO DO IT FOR MYSELF!!!!!
I like the fact that there is an APP for my phone that I can use this sight anytime I want. Thank-you all , hop

Replies

• Hey man I feel like we are the only guys on here that want to lose weight. We can deff work together to lose this weight. and P.S. you need a new job!!! lol
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Welcome hopn2it, I hear that you need to have exceptional dicipline to work at a snack cake company. You have to set a routine and stick to it for a few months it would be easier if you have a reason other than I want to drop a few pounds just to be a certain weight you have to want it for the betterment of you. Once you have that it is pie :smile: Remember once you hit your desired weight you can splurge every once & a while as long as you keep up the exercise & eating well the majority of the time, so thats cool.

Jason
  • You're not fooling yourself or anyone so no need to kid yourself when you try to feel inspired and don't. Sometimes people get inspired by that, others by someone close to them, or sometimes just seeing a picture of yourself. Hell, sometimes you don't need to be inspired, you need a good kick in the a** to stop eating those cupcakes and pies!!! The best thing on biggest loser? watch jillian scream during the workouts, maybe that'll show you that you need something to push you more than just a tearjerker episode. Simply put, just put down that cupcake and start motivating yourself!

And I mean this in the nicest way possible lol. Sometimes I just get sick of motivational quotes and stories, and instead just want someone to tell me how it is!

Good luck and don't be offended ;)
This discussion has been closed.