New to MFP, 20-30lb to lose

Hi,

A couple months back, I had a life-altering few days on the couch when I was plagued with vertigo. That's when I decided that when I'm able to get my head off the pillow, I WILL lose this excessive weight. I don't need to be a supermodel and I don't need buns of steel, but I do have to get back into a normal weight range and maintain a healthier and more active lifestyle. The vertigo seems to have transformed to migraines so some days I can't really exercise but on the days that I can, I do. I've set a goal to walk 3 hours a week, hoping that I'll have enough "good days" to pull it off! I'm also trying to track my food every day, so on the days I can't exercise, at least I'm not sabotaging my efforts by over-eating.

I started with weight watchers monthly meetings and online tools but for several reasons I've migrated here. I'm interested in buying the fitbit so recommendations/suggestions are appreciated regarding that gadget! It looks really neat and I love the fact that online tools are free.

I've glanced at the tabs and read a couple posts, but for the most part I'm brand new so any help is appreciated!

TIA!

Replies

• m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Hi Tia,

I am also looking for motivation to lose 20-30 lbs. Tonight is the first time I've ever posted on the site, though I have been quietly tracking calories on and off for months. I haven't been making myself or my health a priority and now I am realizing how important it is to follow through with a plan. If you are looking for friends in your journey, please feel free to add me. I think this site and forum might prove to be a great motivational tool :-)

Best wishes!

Mollie
  • mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Thanks Mollie!

I'm Tammie, BTW, the TIA is short for Thanks in advance ~ but I kind of like Tia too!

I started trying to lose weight about a month ago and I'm actually up one pound even though I'm eating much better and exercising. Oddly enough it doesn't bother me though bc this is going to be a long road and I know my body isn't very good at losing. Luckily it's not good at gaining either. I just have one of those stubborn metabolisms I guess!

So, I'll exercise even more, eat even better, and keep an eye on the calories. Eventually I'll get there!

What are your goals?
  • read the posts :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

I wish i had when i started but took more than a month to figure out what i was not doing correct...after reading these posts....
  • mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Thanks Arora! That's a LOT of reading! Good thing I can't sleep :)
  • Happy reading! covers really good stuff for newbies- especially bank's posts....